Well now!  That tells a very different story.  I did not realize this was a two-step destruction.  Things were already shabby and then went to worse after a bit of antsy acceleration methinks.   ;)

Jared,

Things looked great until the kid used the "I'll plant my foot on the gas and just spin the wheels until it breaks" method ....

Graeme

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've kinda/sorta thought about doing coils, but I wondered about how much lift there would actually be once the truck was loaded.  If it gives 2" on a stocker, that's probably an inch at best on my rig, and that's not going to cut it.

I am not sure what tire size you are running, but I measured the distance from the top of the tire to the center of the wheel arch.  The front is 6.5" and the rear is 7.0".  I am running 265/60/18.

Jared,

Things looked great until the kid used the "I'll plant my foot on the gas and just spin the wheels until it breaks" method ....

Graeme

Offroading 101: No obstacle is insurmountable. Some just require more throttle than others.

Lol was that a piece of driveline I heard hit Alysons D2?

I think it was the spring.

Apparently Katrina doesn't like people filming her and decided to throw things at Alyson. 

Apparently Katrina doesn't like people filming her and decided to throw things at Alyson. 

Don,

It was the top-hat from the x-spring as the axle moved forward and under the vehicle, and the main spring dislocated.

Graeme

I am not sure what tire size you are running, but I measured the distance from the top of the tire to the center of the wheel arch.  The front is 6.5" and the rear is 7.0".  I am running 265/60/18.

The best way to measure is from wheel center to a fixed point on the vehicle such as the wheel arch, that way it takes tire size out of the picture.

FWIW, I'm currently running 275/65-18 which measures out at about 32".  On my next tire purchase I may try a 265/70 which would be slightly narrower but closer to 33".  It would mean I wouldn't be able to drive if I'm on the bump stops though,

Don,

It was the top-hat from the x-spring as the axle moved forward and under the vehicle, and the main spring dislocated.

Graeme

Lol was that a piece of driveline I heard hit Alysons D2?

Actually it was rock that Katrina's front tire spit out.  We looked for parts and didn't see any where I was stopped.

Archived