NCLR is back home to Hollister Hills SVRA for April.  In addition to a day of trails at Hollister, we are also hosting the 2nd of the three technical sessions.  Don & Colin gave a great demo on recovery equipment, fundamentals and techniques back in January -- for this MORG we'll be covering Trail Communications & Orienteering, hosted by yours truly and Antonio.

Drivers: we will meet at the pay station/front entrance at 10AM -- Please RSVP in the calendar if you plan on attending.  See you there!

-Jared

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NCLR is back home to Hollister Hills SVRA for April.  In addition to a day of trails at Hollister, we are also hosting the 2nd of the three technical sessions.  Don & Colin gave a great demo on recovery equipment, fundamentals and techniques back in January -- for this MORG we'll be covering Trail Communications & Orienteering, hosted by yours truly and Antonio.

Jared,

Since you acted as guinea pig for Don and Colin last time, does that mean that one of them gets to wander off and get lost during the orienteering this time?

Graeme

(still don't believe there's no spell checker now ...)

Uggggggggggggggghh

Do you think a Stock 01 P38 on Coils would be fine for Holister? 

My D1 is in a limbo right now since my Wife's motor ALSO took a crapper on us. So her motor is first before the D1 baby. Just tired of missing events and would like to come. 

I like to run the moderate to least difficult trails, so would this be a good trip to attend? Also what time do you normally wrap it up, I'm not under any time pressure? I don't want to be the black swan but I would be in a JK if that's ok. Looks like I'll learn something new!

Uggggggggggggggghh

Do you think a Stock 01 P38 on Coils would be fine for Holister? 

My D1 is in a limbo right now since my Wife's motor ALSO took a crapper on us. So her motor is first before the D1 baby. Just tired of missing events and would like to come. 

Any stock Rover can handle their own in HH for the most part. Obviously you can't go everywhere, but the MORG's tend to be mild, unless you're looking to get into trouble. 

Any stock Rover can handle their own in HH for the most part. Obviously you can't go everywhere, but the MORG's tend to be mild, unless you're looking to get into trouble. 

Now ...where is that picture of Antonio's first RRC when you need it?

Graeme

I like to run the moderate to least difficult trails, so would this be a good trip to attend? Also what time do you normally wrap it up, I'm not under any time pressure? I don't want to be the black swan but I would be in a JK if that's ok. Looks like I'll learn something new!

Hi Fly Boy (sorry you didn't post your name) -- we typically are finished by about 3-4PM -- a few folks leave earlier if they have plans.  As for rolling in a JK (first off I am somewhat embarrassed that I had to look that up) -- yes, a Jeep is okay to show up to a MORG to -- MORGs are the club off-road gatherings that both members and non-members attend and while most people will be in Land Rovers, we typically try to keep the pointing and snickering down to a minimum. (just kidding, just kidding)

Anyway, I see you've been on the forums for a bit but only recently posted -- glad to have you out here as a guest!

-Jared

Hello GraemeWare:

I haven't fixed up my JK in a long time so I looking forward to your help!

Jared, I plan on attending so I'll put my name on the calendar. Looking forward to running with you guys.

Justin

(415) 461-1938

Marin County

Hey Justin;

Sounds good.  We'll see you at the Ranger Station near 10AM.

By the way,  I think you may have clued me in on a bug we've been noticing for certain users with the new site.  On your most recent post, did you make that with Tapatalk & was your earlier post done through the site itself?

Thanks

Jared

Jared:

I did everything through the site. But for my last post I wasn't logged in so the site took me somewhere else.I'm not much of a computer guy so still trying to figure everything out. Is there a way to send individual messages to people or is everything posted on the forum pages?

Justin

Cool -- either way that was useful info... thanks!

To answer your question, yes -- when you are logged in, you should see a set of user management features in the upper right hand corner:

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/user_management.png

Click on the 'inbox' icon:

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/inbox_icon.png

A menu will appear.  

http://www.1070maryann.com/images/inbox.png

At the top of the menu, there are two links available.

• 'View all Messages' will take you to your private message inbox

• 'Compose new message' will start a new private message.

Hope that helps.

Jared

I haven't fixed up my JK in a long time so I looking forward to your help!

Justin,

Now I just know we're going to break something and you'll end up hauling us out of trouble ....

We wil probably be bringing our "work in progress" D1, named "Katrina".  She is slightly lifted, but not enough for the current dampers (shocks), so that we can assess what is going to rub and what needs changing .... might be somewhat limiting for this trip.

Regards,

Graeme

LOOKING to get into trouble?  Us?

(cough....Colin, Pedram, me,...cough)

Now ...where is that picture of Antonio's first RRC when you need it?

Graeme

Or an audio clip of his P38 blowing an airbag on the first obstacle he took it on...

Hey, did you guys hear that?

• 2 weeks later...

Wife has cleared it, I'm not sick, Kid is not sick.

Looks like I may actually make it to another MORG :o

I'll be in caravan up behind Teds / Rob in the P38 Pact 

I'll be there with my sister-in-law and I'm thinking of bringing cinnamon rolls. Any takers? If not, I won't so they aren't in my truck all day. Dusty cinnamon rolls sound nasty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived