I'm still planning to go, but will not be camping. I will most likely head up 880 and then jump across to 101 via the Richmond Bridge. If anyone from the peninsula is going and will be heading up 280, I could do that as well...

That was my plan as well. I'll be coming across 238 and could meet up in Hayward/Castro Valley.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like I'll come south then and meet you guys somewhere along 101 around Petaluma. If you're leaving San Jose at 6:30, that should put you in the Petaluma area around 8:15.

Justin, if you want to meet at my place at say 6:30 that should work out. I'm in Walnut Grove, about 45 min from your shop. PM me for the address.

Dear Fellow MORGers;

Looks like the group for camping is small -- putting out a last call on that so camping can be coordinated or canceled.

Also, haven't heard from Dan on this trip -- is he in?

-Jared

Looks like camping is most likely out due to a low response. Depending on what my son wants to do, we may still camp, either there or somewhere on the way home.

See everyone Saturday morning.

Dear Fellow MORGers;

Looks like the group for camping is small -- putting out a last call on that so camping can be coordinated or canceled.

-Jared

-Jared

I'm planning to be there, thought I might be working out of town this weekend but it's not happening so I'll be around.

Well Pedram...you usually pick a camp site and put up a tent and put in your sleeping bag and other things that you need to have with you, set up your camp stove and other cooking stuff. You make dinner, sit around the fire and BS, and then climb into your tent and sleep. That's how it works. I really thought you'd done this before...!::nuts::

Graeme, I was originally planning to camp even though I live close by, but I had just had to take on an emergency job for Sunday so I think I might pass on the camping.

ON EDIT: I see we both had a similar smart-ass answer for Pedram...! You posted yours while I was still typing.

Guest Pedram

Cute like a baby when he's pooping his diaper after you just changed it.

I should be more clear. Time, firewood, and how many people.

You should be getting a lot of experience with that level of cuteness by now! Have you experienced the joy of having foul-smelling fluids coming out of both ends while you're holding him yet? Don't worry, you will...!

Time, IDK...Firewood, bring some...how many people, however many wanna camp. That clear it up for you?::cheesy::

Guest Pedram

Well if you want pictures of what baby dooky looks like.....

I'm planning to camp Friday with you guys. I got firewood and I'll bring my grill. I need to pack up last minute crap. Who's driving from the east bay or near Fremont for Friday? I need to get my truck trail ready. I really want to bring my traction jacks for some testing and pictures.

Hey Pedram;

Erin & I are heading up this afternoon but we have Erin's mom w/ us and are staying at a hotel in Ukiah (I know, I know...) -- not sure if people are camping on Friday though. Robb & Graeme+Lucas are the confirmed campers and I assumed that was for Saturday evening...

-Jared

Would anyone taking the 880 to 101 route like me to stop along the way so we can meet up?

I'll try to meet you around the Petaluma area on 101. How about Starbucks just off 101 - 205 N McDowell Blvd, Petaluma.

I'll have my radio on as well, but it's not the most powerful rig.

I'm planning to get on the road about 6:30; that should put me there about 8:00. I figure you'll be coming through about that time as well.

Guest Pedram
I'm not sure if I like the idea of driving up tonight yet. I have never been to this place before and I'll be taking my chances. Totally unprepared and I got a lot of smart responses that don't help my decision on camping out alone.

My plan is to leave my place at 6:30am and pass through the 880/238 interchange around 7:20am. From there, I'm hoping to arrive at the Starbucks in Petaluma at 8:30am. I've looked at several maps and they range from 1 hour 15 mins to 1 hour 40 mins from the 880/238 interchange. I'm not sure what the discrepancy is and I wouldn't blame you, Don for not waiting, but I'm hoping the traffic will be light and those on the road will be moving swiftly.

I'll PM Don and E36 Phantom with my mobile number.

I'm not sure if I like the idea of driving up tonight yet. I have never been to this place before and I'll be taking my chances. Totally unprepared and I got a lot of smart responses that don't help my decision on camping out alone.

There are two campgorunds. Red Mountain camp is the one closer to the Ukiah side (and easier to get to, especially in the dark) which has 10 spaces and will most likely be partially occupied with bikers and 4-wheelers up from the Santa Rosa or Bay Areas. Buckhorn camp is more remote and being unfamiliar with the area, probably pretty tough to find by yourself in the dark. It has only 4 spaces and is often totally empty, and kinda freaky when being the only one camping there. (which I've done...!) As I understood it, most people talking about camping were only talking about Saturday night.

Guest Pedram
There are two campgorunds. Red Mountain camp is the one closer to the Ukiah side (and easier to get to, especially in the dark) which has 10 spaces and will most likely be partially occupied with bikers and 4-wheelers up from the Santa Rosa or Bay Areas. Buckhorn camp is more remote and being unfamiliar with the area, probably pretty tough to find by yourself in the dark. It has only 4 spaces and is often totally empty, and kinda freaky when being the only one camping there. (which I've done...!) As I understood it, most people talking about camping were only talking about Saturday night.

Thanks Dan. Is there a curfew for entrance and local stores in case I need something I forgot? I have to admit I've camped out alone in complete darkness before and had been awaken by some jokers in the brush with fireworks which almost caught the park on fire. That was at Hollister years ago before my Toyota days. Even knowing what this park looked like in the daytime was totally freaky at night. At that time I was more angry than scared because of the fireworks. I chased them away with my GMC.....

Guest Pedram
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

If they only knew I'm middle Eastern. I get Jehad on that!

Archived