February 2015 MORG (CANCELED)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Unless that is I break my Rover at shaver :D

Don't even say that! You don't want to put that out into the Cosmos where the Rover Gods can get a hold of it and make it come true!

Don't even say that! You don't want to put that out into the Cosmos where the Rover Gods can get a hold of it and make it come true!

Haha - they ARE a fickle bunch, those Rover Gods...

-Jared

I'll be attending.. Unless that is I break my Rover at shaver :D

appropriate me thinks:

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/48/48fcd919ebcb05ba352aaa2c710a56a88e5e2fac62f74a9cc826fe820e330c0b.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I'm planning to be here next weekend but it's a bit of a drive at a little over 3 hrs for me so I'm thinking of camping to make it more interesting.

Anybody else interested? Anybody else camped up there who can give us the low-down, the skinny, the haps?

I'm thinking drive up Saturday morning and stay that night then back home Sunday but that's about all the thinking I've done on the subject at this point so I'm open to suggestions.

I'll be stag since Michele will be out of town, so if nobody else wants to camp I'll probably just make it the day and head back home that night. Hey, it's only an extra 45 minutes or so than going to Hollister anyway.

OK, I'm planning to be here next weekend but it's a bit of a drive at a little over 3 hrs for me so I'm thinking of camping to make it more interesting.

Anybody else interested? Anybody else camped up there who can give us the low-down, the skinny, the haps?

I'm thinking drive up Saturday morning and stay that night then back home Sunday but that's about all the thinking I've done on the subject at this point so I'm open to suggestions.

I'll be stag since Michele will be out of town, so if nobody else wants to camp I'll probably just make it the day and head back home that night. Hey, it's only an extra 45 minutes or so than going to Hollister anyway.

There's already a couple of people that are confirmed camping and Erin & I are thinking about just bringing the LR4 and sleeping inside it for the night (still a point of discussion.)

-Jared

Lucas and I will head up Saturday morning too, over-nighting Saturday, as we plan to visit his (soon to be newly acquired) 1969 Mustang near Santa Rosa on the way back. I even left most of the stuff in the car to save re-packing.

Regards,

Graeme

Yes, I was just checking the forecast and getting ready to make a post here about that very subject. NOAA says rain Friday up here (not just chance of rain, or 90% chance or anything...just "rain", Unfortunately they don't give an estimate of the possible amount of rain. I doubt it will be a downpour but if it is, they could close Cow Mtn. I'll keep tabs on it...it actually says 40% chance of rain Thursday and then rain for sure Thursday night and Friday. Saturday looks possibly better, it only says "A chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 60º." Saturday night and Sunday both say "rain likely." I suppose as the weekend draws closer they'll get more specific with percentages and such, but it looks as though both the MORG and camping could be wet and sucky.

LOL

I may be back and running, I got a good leakdown D2 motor here 4.6 that I might just drop in vs waiting on a rebuilt one.

As long as swapping the CPS mounting brackets isn't too much of an issue. Grinding them out and aluminum-welding them back in is pretty much required.

MORG UPDATE

First post has been updated with the latest attendees; sounds like Cow Mountain could get some rain so as mentioned back on 1/8, our fallback is to Frank Raines once it is determined that the chances for closure are too great or trail conditions would be unsafe. There will be an update later in the week.

Questions/comments

Hi,

Me and Nikhila are in. Might not camp but will drive there Saturday morning and head back. Let me know the meet up place and time please.

I'll post a South Bay itin. up to South Cow Mountain shortly. Thanks for the reminder.

Lucas and I will head up Saturday morning too, over-nighting Saturday, as we plan to visit his (soon to be newly acquired) 1969 Mustang near Santa Rosa on the way back. I even left most of the stuff in the car to save re-packing.

Regards,

Graeme

Nice! We're likely switching out to the LR4 for this run unless conditions get too mucky, then I'll have regretted unpacking RedRover.

I am possibly/probably in. Still need to get my front axles and differentials assembled. Had to go buy a special tool to crimp the CV boots...

Glad to hear you might make it Chuck -- any chance for camping or just a run up and back on Saturday?

LOL

I may be back and running, I got a good leakdown D2 motor here 4.6 that I might just drop in vs waiting on a rebuilt one.

I put you down as a maybe, but a STRONG maybe. ::bigsmile:: good luck on the switch.

I'm still in and will camp. The rain might make it more interesting.

My thoughts as well -- we may decide to take the RedRover if things start looking sloppy but still passable, because I would want access to the winch. Otherwise, the plan is to take the LR4 and sleep in the rear.

As of Monday, rain is forecast for Cow Mountain on Saturday. So far, rain is not forecast at Frank Raines on Saturday. I was hoping to see Cow Mountain, but I plan to go either way.

Florida John

Totally! The club is moving the MORG to Frank Raines if South Cow Mountain doesn't pan out. Details later in the week.

-Jared

That would be awesome if you guys make it to Frank Raines. Chad might be able to attend this as well. I would love to attend but I'm not sure that's in the books yet. I'm itchin to go somewhere.

That would be awesome if you guys make it to Frank Raines. Chad might be able to attend this as well. I would love to attend but I'm not sure that's in the books yet. I'm itchin to go somewhere.

Well Pedram, I'll have an open seat if needed. But I imagine you've got other things to deal with first. Any updates on ETA for your delivery?

Archived