Gauging Interest: Shaver Lake Snow Run, Jan 30 - Feb 1, 2015

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. I've been waiting for the holidays and weather to end before sending the reservation requests. If we need one or two more camp sites, I've been told in previous years we can get them when we arrive.

Great, so should I pick a site number based on what others have chosen? Is the list of sites posted earlier up to date?

There's a new rule about firewood starting Jan 1.

From Camp Edison's website:

"Protect Our Forests: Leave Your Firewood at Home

When you visit Camp Edison, be sure to leave your firewood at home, and either collect or buy firewood here in Shaver Lake. Tree-killing insects and diseases can lurk in firewood and cause new infestations that can have devastating effects to our forests, agriculture, and communities. Beginning January 1, 2015, only locally sourced wood will be allowed into Camp Edison"

Guest Pedram
Even the Christmas tree in my own home? I need to detox my home and gear next time. And spray my home. I guess we really bring some nasty bugs each year. Lol

There's a new rule about firewood starting Jan 1.

From Camp Edison's website:

"Protect Our Forests: Leave Your Firewood at Home

When you visit Camp Edison, be sure to leave your firewood at home, and either collect or buy firewood here in Shaver Lake. Tree-killing insects and diseases can lurk in firewood and cause new infestations that can have devastating effects to our forests, agriculture, and communities. Beginning January 1, 2015, only locally sourced wood will be allowed into Camp Edison"

They *should* hand you a chain saw on the way in like a Christmas Tree farm hands out saws and get visitors to go after all the skags and undergrowth. All of that "protection" had taken the ecology way out of balance and the fuel loads are waaaay out of control. Wanna protect the forests? Give'em a haircut..

</lumberrant>

After all of Erin and Tom's efforts Saturday of encouraging me to overcome my concerns of sleeping in a Popsicle sleeping bag and my phobia of electric blankets, I decided to bite the bullet and go. Alas, I'm backing out of this trip because of a work trip.

After all of Erin and Tom's efforts Saturday of encouraging me to overcome my concerns of sleeping in a Popsicle sleeping bag and my phobia of electric blankets, I decided to bite the bullet and go. Alas, I'm backing out of this trip because of a work trip.

Haha... those electric blankets will get you... you've got to be vigilant! ::bigsmile::

Sorry you won't make it, but hopefully work takes you to equally-exciting locales... or maybe at the very least you get to drive the '12 RR. ::amuse::

-Jared

P.S. This trip requires tons of vigilance. Electric blankets, black ice -- canned chili overflowing into the campfire... it's bad but good...

Sorry to hear you'll miss the trip Alyson.

The reservation request was faxed to Camp Edison this morning. If we're lucky, they'll start making calls today or tomorrow.

Sweet! Did you include the coupon or mention the off season special in the fax?

I hate faxes with a passion! They had their place 20 years ago, now not so much. I have one old school sales rep at my company that is computer illiterate and tries to do everything via fax..

Sweet! Did you include the coupon or mention the off season special in the fax?

I hate faxes with a passion! They had their place 20 years ago, now not so much. I have one old school sales rep at my company that is computer illiterate and tries to do everything via fax..

For the youth in the club:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fax

-Jared

Just talked to Camp Edison and got 227 reserved. She is getting ready to make the calls to everyone on the list this morning.

She also mentioned this Spring (around April) they will finally have an online reservation page on their site! I already can't wait for next year's trip just to avoid the headache that has been the reservation system for almost a decade.

Scott from SCLR is going to make the trip again this year so add him to the list as I didn't see him on there..

Thanks for the update Jake. I have him on my master list in a Google Doc, but will update the first post tonight with the current attendees and campsite holders.

Just talked to Camp Edison and got 227 reserved. She is getting ready to make the calls to everyone on the list this morning.

She also mentioned this Spring (around April) they will finally have an online reservation page on their site! I already can't wait for next year's trip just to avoid the headache that has been the reservation system for almost a decade.

Just got the call. She said that she's running a lot of reservations right now and might forget to do the discount, so keep an eye on what you get charged...

-Jared

Archived