August 2014 MORG

Define "little challenge"..... Last month it was only me and Josh in his LR3 and he followed me up to that lookout, but got a bit lost and there were some rather iffy trails that gave me a lot of road rash. Woops! It was still fun, but I was a bit white-knuckled at times. I just reached 9,000 miles this week - promise it won't be anything that makes it so a tow truck has to come rescue me - hahahahaha.

I know I'm a baby, but aside from Michal, you gotta hand it to me for taking out a 2013 - :)

Don't worry, I may talk big but I'll chicken out when the time comes I'm sure. I still don't really know Hollister since I've only been there once. I'm sure we can find an 'appropriate' level of challenge. Besides, us IFS/IRS guys need to show we're not just mall crawlers!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Pedram
Don't worry, I may talk big but I'll chicken out when the time comes I'm sure. I still don't really know Hollister since I've only been there once. I'm sure we can find an 'appropriate' level of challenge. Besides, us IFS/IRS guys need to show we're not just mall crawlers!

Your only at the mercy of your computer till I show up and actually break parts. Not trying before the big trip.

Guest Pedram

Hi Anudeep.

Glad your doing your first land rover experience with this club. We have a lot to teach and great members. Don't worry about what these monkeys say about me. 😝I'm not that bad. Only when I need to be. 😨 Seriously though, if you need a spotter just yell at me and I'll come to your rescue. I have enough experience to get you through some fun trails if you ready for it.

like this time on tank Traps

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/Scirocgvnr/TANKTRAP5_zps9ac6c7f5.jpg

Hi Anudeep.

Glad your doing your first land rover experience with this club. We have a lot to teach and great members. Don't worry about what these monkeys say about me. 😝I'm not that bad. Only when I need to be. 😨 Seriously though, if you need a spotter just yell at me and I'll come to your rescue. I have enough experience to get you through some fun trails if you ready for it.

Hey Pedram,

Very happy to hear you are going along to Hollister. I assume you guys are all meeting at 10AM? I need to send a text to Alyson in San Jose as well. I may have my usual off roading buddy, but not sure yet.

I am still up in the air about the following weekend, as my trip to UT changed my plans quite a bit.

-David

David, where do you meet in San Jose? Jared and I are in Santa Clara, so we could meet you guys somewhere and caravan down with you.

Let me know.

-Erin

Guest Pedram
So it sounds like since everyone who is going is pre meeting in San Jose to meet again at the ranger station...... Anudeep, we can start a Fremont hangout and just go straight over to the ranger station. I know your rover will keep up with my tank trap monster. Oh yeah Nathan is serious...... This trail is the gate keeper at Hollister. If you can't get through this, then you just have to sell your truck to me for street value.

So it sounds like since everyone who is going is pre meeting in San Jose to meet again at the ranger station...... Anudeep, we can start a Fremont hangout and just go straight over to the ranger station. I know your rover will keep up with my tank trap monster. Oh yeah Nathan is serious...... This trail is the gate keeper at Hollister. If you can't get through this, then you just have to sell your truck to me for street value.

Sure Pedram we can meet somewhere in Fremont. i live close to Mowry Ave/Fremont Blvd. Suggest a spot and time where we can meet and go from there.

I hope Hollister has a back gate for beginners from where I can get thru :)

Guest Pedram
Anudeep, I don't know how fast you drive on the freeway but mine is usually fast (80) but for guests I always drive 65 and see what goes from there. If you are like me then let me know. But if your okay with the law and rules then I'm fine with that too. That changes meeting times. I was thinking 8:30 at the BJ's in Newark on Mowry. It's right by the freeway exit.

Anudeep, I don't know how fast you drive on the freeway but mine is usually fast (80) but for guests I always drive 65 and see what goes from there. If you are like me then let me know. But if your okay with the law and rules then I'm fine with that too. That changes meeting times. I was thinking 8:30 at the BJ's in Newark on Mowry. It's right by the freeway exit.

Alright, will call you.

Guest Pedram

The great part about this club is that if your forgot something..... Well someone else might have what you need. We are all here as a club to help the club.

I personally bring my home. Tools, air, my grill, water, spare tire, ham and cb radio's, camping chairs, my music, tow straps, gloves, I have a Hilift but my truck isn't ready for that yet, propane for the grill, and I'll stop by the store on the way in for food and some more water. Oh bring your game or go home:P

Guest Pedram
Does anyone want to chip in on grilled food? I can pick up hot dogs and buns. If someone who has a fridge can bring the condiments like ketchup and mustard. I can grill for everyone. Or who ever feels like doing that.

David, where do you meet in San Jose? Jared and I are in Santa Clara, so we could meet you guys somewhere and caravan down with you.

Let me know.

-Erin

Hello Erin,

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you, but I am just getting a chance to look at the forum. Unfortunately, I had an emergency come up and now may not be able to make it to Hollister tomorrow. I am going to try, or maybe come a little late, but I am not sure if I will make it now. I am very bummed out, especially considering I don't think I can go next weekend. Lately things are just not going my way to be able to get away with the club. I'm sorry.

Let's see if I an make it tomorrow!

Regards, David

Hi Everyone,

Just a heads up, an emergency came up and I may need to travel tomorrow. So, there is a chance I now won't be able to make it down to Hollister tomorrow after all. I am pretty darn sad, as things just don't seem to be lining up for me to do anything with the club,

My apologies for the last minute change in plans. If I can make it, then I'll meet everyone either at the ranger station or somewhere inside the park.

Regards, David

Archived