It's fast approaching. Anyone else going to support it from a HAM radio perspective? Tyler and I are registered as returning Heavy Sweeps - even though Colin did all the real heavy lifting last year.

Since we'll have 2 rigs - anyone who is interested in doing a ride-along for pictures might want to think about coming up to help support that weekend - we'll be the first ones covering any rollovers or off-the road incidents requiring towing disabled rigs off the trail....could probably figure a way to drop you off at some of the prime viewing spots on the trail as well if we clear it in advance with Rallymaster..

It's fast approaching. Anyone else going to support it from a HAM radio perspective? Tyler and I are registered as returning Heavy Sweeps - even though Colin did all the real heavy lifting last year.

Since we'll have 2 rigs - anyone who is interested in doing a ride-along for pictures might want to think about coming up to help support that weekend - we'll be the first ones covering any rollovers or off-the road incidents requiring towing disabled rigs off the trail....could probably figure a way to drop you off at some of the prime viewing spots on the trail as well if we clear it in advance with Rallymaster..

Hi Chuck; just checked out the Mendo Rally website. The event is the weekend of July 25-27 (for those who didn't already know). I'm going to check with Erin on whether we already have plans but I would like to provide Ham support if we're available.

Do you know of any good camping spots that are open near the rally? South Cow Mountain? We'd probably want to drive up and stay overnight.

-Jared

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Chuck; just checked out the Mendo Rally website. The event is the weekend of July 25-27 (for those who didn't already know). I'm going to check with Erin on whether we already have plans but I would like to provide Ham support if we're available.

Do you know of any good camping spots that are open near the rally? South Cow Mountain? We'd probably want to drive up and stay overnight.

-Jared

Sorry for missing this. Usually, the volunteers all camp up at the top of Cow Mountain - they usually dedicate a camping spot for us each year. That is a pretty good spot.

If you want to volunteer, you should register on the website. Alternatively, if you want to ride along with Tyler or I, we can do that as well...

If you want to volunteer, you should register on the website. Alternatively, if you want to ride along with Tyler or I, we can do that as well...

I signed up to volunteer for late Saturday afternoon through end of Sunday evening... not sure if that works for their need, but Erin & I have another event in Napa on Saturday AM.

-Jared

• 5 months later...

Yes it's being made but they don't sell used for that price. I'm guessing a new one is only $200 more. That's not really a deal. The most you should be paying for it is roughly $600. My $.02

And the owner thinks it's for any disco.... Wrong. Only a D2. It will fit a D1 but it's longer. I wonder if it's actually for a D1?

Archived