Gauging Interest: Meteor Shower Trip August 8-10, 2014

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone asked about a trailer. Answer yes bring it.

Chris, is the expedtion trail part following Diggins II and Henness Pass Rd? Been on Diggins II years ago in 03 with Chris Dejesus(sp). Allegeny outlet then was snow blocked. :)

My nite vision(lack of) won't allow me to drive too much in the dark. Probably come in late Fri.afternoon after oil chg @LR Rocklin via 89

Oh heck, I don't need nuthin' fancy like that. I'd settle for a NY Strip and a bottle of Franziskaner Hefe-Weissbier

(I can't pronounce it, so I just call it monk beer as it has a monk on the label. It is tasty though)

Guest Pedram
It's all the same. Just with different food coloring. Just sugar water. I'll stick to just water. But the winnies I'll do. Oh I see so many sick peoples thoughts right now.

Replaced. Same problem. Cleaned throttle body, new fuel filter, checked fuel pressure and regulator, cleaned maf, changed cats and sealed exhaust leaks, cleaned and recapped plugs, 1 can of sea foam and an oil change. Same problem. Changing plugs and wires tonight. Might be driving the deisel or the lesbian assault vehicle if I can't figure it out. Out of time.

Guest Pedram
I guess you can always switch parts from one car to another one by one and see if that changes things without actually buying new parts.

Guest Pedram
Seeing how yours is a 96, I'm not sure that will fix yours. But if you need to do some testing then I'll lend a part. As long as I go home with my parts.

Replaced. Same problem. Cleaned throttle body, new fuel filter, checked fuel pressure and regulator, cleaned maf, changed cats and sealed exhaust leaks, cleaned and recapped plugs, 1 can of sea foam and an oil change. Same problem. Changing plugs and wires tonight. Might be driving the deisel or the lesbian assault vehicle if I can't figure it out. Out of time.

Jason,

What is the problem? There aren't many I haven' seen on Classics and Discoveries in 3/4M miles of Land Rover driving.

Graeme

Problem not fixed. Issue is that it runs great for 20 miles or about 30 mins. The won't run over 2000 rpm. As Soo as I hit 2100 it immediately loses power, starts sputtering and backfiring. If I back off the throttle below

2000 rpm it runs great and I can shift through all five gears and can run highway speeds but just not over 2000. Sometimes it starts around 3000 and works it's way down to 2000. Let it cool off and it's back to normal. New plugs, wires throttle position sensor, cleaned throttle body, searched for vacuum leaks, new cats, sealed exhaust leaks new fuel filter tested fuel pressure at the rail during the problem 38 psi. 32-33 at idle.

Here's a link to a thread on my problem on a different website. http://www.lrrforums.com/showthread.php?22978-2000-RPM-no-go

Archived