my "88

KenFritz

After 314,500 miles, I have sold my '88 LRC. I bought it new with 34 miles on it. I've loved it since day one and although I used it off road quite a bit, I never rolled it, I never repainted it. It just kept going and going and going. The last 5 years I've only put on 20,000 miles, but they were fun miles. Baja, Florida, W Canada, Texas, NM, AL and of course the Sierra and NV - it never broke down and left me stranded. I lost a few alternator belts, but's that's the extent of the stoppages on the road. I ofudn a good home for it - it's going to collector in Hamburg, Germany next week.

The replacement is an '08 RR S/C. I doubt it'll see the places the '88 has been, but it seems like a good vehicle. It's definitely more comfortable and a helluva lot quicker. Now if it'll last as long as the '88, I'll never have to buy another.

Welcome Ken!

Nice RRC; saw it for sale and thought who will be the lucky buyer. Anyone here?

Anyways, hope you get as many miles out of the RR as you did from the RRC.

What part of Baja did you travel to? Went last year to Gonzaga Bay (Sea of Cortez side), and going again this year with a few brave folks in the club including RedRover team, and Discochef & family and mine; this time we are going further to Mulege.

Hi, Ken. I actually inquired about your Classic after seeing it on BaT. A friend of mine from NC was also very interested in the truck. Great looking and wonderfully cared for. Was sorry either I or he couldn't have picked it up. Glad you found a good home for it though.

It's cool that you grabbed another RR and 20 years newer. Hope it treats you half as well as the first. Welcome to the club. Hope to see you out there.

Archived