First Post!

PCRover

• 4 weeks later...

A trip to Napa AND a stop at Taylor's Refresher! My wife, baby and I are in! Seeing Taylor's brings back memories. One Saturday morning I woke and told my wife I had a dream that I ordered a double pork chop sandwich so I was craving one really bad. Nice dream by the way, even if it is a little weird to dream about food ;-)> That day we happened to stop at Taylor's while we were out wine tasting. Low and behold, their special of the day was a "Double Pork Chop sandwich" My wife and I just about died laughing over the coincidence. Thought I'd share that. Hope the NCLR-TR meet happens soon.

Regards,

Chris D.

Mudy_Ovl

'95 DI, Roman Bronze

Yeah so alright I'll throw out a date already: How about Sunday 2PM January 6th? I suggest a slightly after lunch time so that we can have more parking lot and table space. Officials why don't you guys put this on the calendar as a club event if it works?

This may be too short a notice for me if not the calendar.

Gary could broadcast to all members via email.

Would this be considered just a gathering, or would this be combined with a trail run, shopping run, or ??? run. ?

Mmmmm getting hungry just looking at that picture. Yeah that place is legendary.

I've got one huge beef with that place; in the last ownership change 7-8 years ago, they dropped the Bacon Nut Cheeseburger from the kitchen. It was off the menu for a couple years, but they still had all the fixin's on hand for the locals. Haven't been back since they refused to make me one on 2 separate occasions and I could see the jar of chopped peanuts on the shelf. Normally I wouldn't care, but it remains my favorite burger in the world. Well, I've never had a good burger outside the US, so my favorite in the USA and the galaxy. I used to drive in my bus from DAVIS just for a Bacon Nut Cheeseburger. Guess I'll show up to see you guys. If there is a jar of peanuts on the shelf, I'm going in the kitchen and showing them how to make it! Wow, can I hold a grudge or what?

Archived