MORG this Sat?

yup, Michele and I are planning to be there. Unfortunately I expect the new armor will just be arriving then so I won't have a chance to get in installed prior but that won't stop me from testing a limit or two.

Luckily Hollister is pretty tame terrain, well, unless you are doing the new rock climbing obstacle course - haha! :)

If Tactical is able to add in my sliders with steps in this order, I already contacted Pedram about helping me install them. Because I have to move up the EAS with the new bracket, I did not want to tackle it alone. Plus, these sliders are heavy!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do plan to be there saturday. Pedram should be done with my rock sliders by then.

I don't think i need them but will be nice to have.

Be ready for muddy trails and a wet day.

AA

With all this rain coming, it's going to be quite wet. I guess that's a refreshing change from the usual dust bowl of Hollister Hills SVRA. :)

I'll be at Hollister this Saturday. Anyone else coming out to play?

Sad to say, I have a dead Rover. Not sure whats wrong yet, cranks fine but doesn't start. So either fuel or computer. My money is on a bad Crank Position Sensor, but I have to get under the hood this weekend and find out for sure. You folks have fun!

I am planning on being there. Going to do a brief initial Sierra Expedition planning meeting if enough people show. Might bring my lil man, and I think my dad is coming.

Chris,

What time are you all meeting? We couldn't find it posted on here anywhere. I think Jared is going, but was curious about the time, and might be bringing his dad. I, sadly, will not be able to attend.

-E

I just downloaded a $2 navigation app. cant wait to try it out on the trails.

Oh, I want to download it too! :-)

See you guys around 10AM. I am bringing my usual off-roading buddy and then Josh from the North Bay will be following me down in his LR3. Barron, he was there before as well.

Looking forward to it - will be nice and wet!

Ah bummer Chris. Get better soon bud!

Everyone else planning on making it still? Im really dreading standing in the rain when i get home tonight to wire up my wipers ;)

Jared and his dad are still going.

-Erin

Unfortunately , I had to leave early due to a malfuction on the air suspension "blew up an air bag". That is all I needed to justify the conversion to coils. :-( I can't afford to have this happen to me far away from home. Good it only happened in Hollister and not in DV or down in Mexico.

I didn't take many pictures. Hopefully the guys that stayed behind took pictures.

AA

Hey Guys,

After a hell of a week I blew off the stack of work on my desk, met up with Graeme and Lucas, David and his buddy (Philip??) & Josh and headed south!

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-3114/i-GcBtFVd/0/L/WP_20140301_09_17_31_Pro__highres-L.jpg

Wow, it was SLICK! We got a late start from the peninsula and got into the park as a foursome. Stopped at the rest room area and just to park in the open space was a lesson in drifting - Oh boy! Poked around the Middle course ("new", not Old and not New new... the middle one) Took Disco over the logs which was a first for me so that was cool. Sliding around the whoop-de-do's where we met up with Jared and his dad, Bear, Don and his wife Michelle. Graeme led the pack for a tour on some easy trails which, knowing Graeme, ended up at Top-O-The-World. I did not rain while we were on the trails and the view from the top was worth the trip.

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-3114/i-4CQ9tt4/0/L/WP_20140301_13_01_46_Pro__highres-L.jpg

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-3114/i-zRsP54v/1/L/WP_20140301_13_03_53_Pro__highres-L.jpg

(Oh and I slid into a ditch on the way up and had to get a tug and some new pin-stripping, picked up a rock in the caliper(s) which was a joy to listen to most of the way up and the starter was acting up when I got to the top. Yup, always something).

Wound ourselves down after lunch and ended up in the Quarry. Then Don & Michelle, Lucas in Graeme's truck and I went over the the Huge Mud Pit formerly know as the Lower (Old) Obstacle course to practice or Rally (eh. slick driving condition) skills. Mud was between 2 and 14" deep and that does not include the water features etc... It was hilarious!

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-3114/i-d5ZnXCx/1/L/WP_20140301_14_24_35_Pro__highres-L.jpg

Opted for the Grill & Chill instead of hitting the pressure wash in Hollister. It was great because they had their own Lower Truck Wash in the form of a huge puddle up to about a foot deep and 100' long. I went through twice and left about 5# of mud at each corner of my truck in their parking spot... and a bunch on the floor in the restaurant too...oops!. However, that didn't get it all out because my wheels were waay out of balance on the way home. Graeme went on ahead and I followed a semi at 55 (and better fuel economy too ;-) all the way up. Took it to the local spray wash and found the front rims were packed with mud from the back. (Oversteer cranked hard over in 12" of mud will do that I guess...) So I left most of it on the floor of the wash....

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-3114/i-3fqGSv5/0/L/WP_20140301_17_42_05_Pro__highres-L.jpg

Could still see more when I got home so I popped off the fronts and found the caked on mud.

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/MORG-3114/i-dp8Pd7Z/0/L/WP_20140301_17_51_58_Pro__highres-L.jpg

Scrubbed'em clean and now the rain is taking care of both the truck and, hopefully, the piles of mud in the driveway before Janet finds out!

Great to get out on the trails and see old and new members!

Cheers!

Tom

All photos

Archived