Anyone for an Alaska 2014 trip?

Since I did not go in 2013, I will go in 2014. Anyone Really interested check out the "gauging interest" thread on the cancelled trip in 2013. Itinerary will be the same or similar, costs will be higher of course.

THIS IS MY BUCKET LIST!!!:P

• 6 months later...

Co-driver needed:

Well my brother-in-law couldn't go with me. I am looking for a co-driver to the Arctic Circle via the Dalton Hwy. Since I plan on 4 weeks, I could drop the driver after 2 weeks to return from Anchorage to Oakland via Alaska Air.

pvt mail me if you're interested

Alaska is on my bucket list also. I heard the state bird is the mosquito (smile).

Probably happen for me in 2014 but questions one might ask:

- When are you doing?

- For the two weeks you noted w/poss dropping off the co-driver @ Anchorage, what will the two weeks cover e.g. drive from the Bay Area to Alaska; Artic Circle, etc...

- Makes sense to share full cost; what other expenses are you looking to split e.g. ferry cost, mosquito spray (smile)...

Co-driver pays for 1/2 cabin fare, his full passage fare, 1/2 camping food costs, his airfare home, 1/2 any motels,B&Bs, his incidentals,NP,SP fees,his restaurant dinner costs,his tour costs,others not mentioned here.

I pay my full passenger fare, 1/2 cabin fare,all fuel,all camp fees, my food share,my incidentals, my tour costs.

It's a good deal for co-driver, since I'm paying for fuel,etc.

Serious inquiries only. PM me.

Alaska is on my bucket list also. I heard the state bird is the mosquito (smile).

Probably happen for me in 2014 but questions one might ask:

- When are you doing?

- Makes sense to share full cost; what other expenses are you looking to split e.g. ferry cost, mosquito spray (smile)...

Trip starts June 11 or 12 end date is July 11 or thereabouts for me.

Same for me - I'd love to go but have too many other commitments for my time off already. Alaska is on my list, but I always figured I do it by boat or bike first. Of course I now have a truck suitable for the trip but not the right boat or bike so that might change.

• 2 months later...

Hey Everyone, We have recently been talking about moving over the webhost and getting some website changes in order. Well It's finally at its starting point and we have moved everything over from "nclrclub.org" to "norcalrovers.org" to start. We will be using this link from now on and the old domain will automatically redirect to this new forum. In order for the new forums to link over correctly we had to request our host to import the db as its too large and denied us from doing so, this took a bit longer than we had anticipated. It's taken nearly a week to get everything sorted, so unfortunately the site will lose any posts from the last week. We apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but this is for the best so we don't have any future website hickups.

Stay tuned for any more updates, If you have any specific need feel free to contact me

vicepresident@nclrclub.org

• 3 weeks later...

My friend is only 1/2 way on this trip. He's taking the luxury cruise from Whittier to Seattle on June 28.

I'm looking for a co-driver from Anchorage or Whittier back to BayArea. 2 wks driving and seeing sights.

Route /trip is from above to Kennecott mines, Tok, Whitehorse,Watson Lake and via improved Cassiar Hwy to Prince George then USA. (itinerary flexible).

Passport needed.

You pay your way up. Share rest.

Any takers?

Archived