March MORG is NEXT WEEKEND: Who is coming?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey guys, who else is heading down 280 to 101 etc...

Brenton? Chuck? Graeme? Nick? Jason? Who else...??

How about a check point of 0815 at the Park & Ride on Woodside Rd just west of the freeway? I'll be on NCLR-VHF (146.460) as well as the N6NFI repeater (145.230 pl 100)

After the fun on the trail, I'm also interested in taking a ride to check out the Pinnacles National Monument. I have a reservation to camp down there in early June and figured I'd do a little recon before then. According to Google Maps, it's about 45 min further south on 25. Input welcome there too.

Looking forward to seeing some of you in Woodside and the rest of you in Hollister!

Cheers,

Tom

KG6DHD

I can meet you there - I'll be taking 101 and filling up with gas at the Costco in RWC. Or if you're coming from there I can meet you near the Costco first...

As Chuck mentioned, I'll be coming down with him as a ridealong. My RRC has tranny problems and I'm not physically able to do anything about it just yet, so it's sidelined for the time being. I'll be bringing my laptop with me with the Roverguage diagnostic program installed if anyone wants to hook it up to their 14CUX system ('90-95 RRC, '94-95 DI and '93-95 NAS Defender) for a demonstration. It's also supposed to work for the 14CU system, but unknown if it will interface with the '87-'88 13CU. Mike, maybe we can test it on your '88.

Sure, we can hook it up. Don't have any known problems, but who knows what evils may lurk in the depths. I had a spare computer at one time in the truck. It was from a later truck. We can play with that too if you want as it is just sitting in the back I think.

However, if you flash my system and the truck won't start...

Sure, we can hook it up. Don't have any known problems, but who knows what evils may lurk in the depths. I had a spare computer at one time in the truck. It was from a later truck. We can play with that too if you want as it is just sitting in the back I think.

It won't be the first time some leaving on a tow truck from hollister. :-)

Dan, good you will be able to make it.

Yes, but that would be an epic fail of a tow from Hollister. I think this group and friends will be like 20. I hear that Contra Costa Jeepers and another club are going to be there too. Should provide some fun things to watch as well!

Hey guys, who else is heading down 280 to 101 etc...

Brenton? Chuck? Graeme? Nick? Jason? Who else...??

Not sure whether we'll take the D2 or the F150 with the bikes .... might be an early start for us and if we're still riding we'll come and see you all at the HH gate ....

Graeme

Not sure whether we'll take the D2 or the F150 with the bikes .... might be an early start for us and if we're still riding we'll come and see you all at the HH gate ....

Graeme

Well, if you bring the bikes at least we won't have to pull you out of the water again!

Tom I'm in Maui so I haven't done anything not on the list below:

Mai tai(s)

Fish taco

Shrimp taco

Fresh grilled fish

Snorkel with the turtles

Watch whales from the hotel room

Did I say shrimp tacos?

Watch the sun set on the horizon

Sleep

;)

[ATTACH]4356[/ATTACH]

Don't worry Mike, I wouldn't flash you.

Not on a bet.

Are you sure you're in Maui? Sounds more like Acapulco with all that Mex-seafood, you should be having roasted pig, poi and mahi-mahi and a libation with an umbrella on top!

Glad you're having some R&R. Enjoy!

Tom I'm in Maui so I haven't done anything not on the list below:

Mai tai(s)

Fish taco

Shrimp taco

Fresh grilled fish

Snorkel with the turtles

Watch whales from the hotel room

Did I say shrimp tacos?

Watch the sun set on the horizon

Sleep

;)

[ATTACH]4356[/ATTACH]

Are you sure you're in Maui? Sounds more like Acapulco with all that Mex-seafood, you should be having roasted pig, poi and mahi-mahi and a libation with an umbrella on top!

Glad you're having some R&R. Enjoy!

Isn't everywhere Acapulco now?

I regret to say I will not make it after all. I drove up to San Jose (from Monterey) to get the little guy. On the far side of Gilroy (from SJ) the poor kid started barfing all over and couldn't stop for about 20 minutes. So he's not doing at all well, and I will be unable to attend. Happens. Catch you all at the next event!

Great photos guys. If you look closely at Antonio's photos of the 15yr old pulling me out of the mess I got myself into, you can still see my pride right there in in the dirt under where the Disco was parked with my foot PRESSED against brake pedal!

Great turn-out today, Coco and I had a great time seeing old and meeting new friends.

Here are my photos from today:

http://www.owenfotos.com/Toms-Stuff/Rover/March-MORG/

If you would like to post YOUR photos to this gallery (to keep the MarchMORG'13 photos in a central location...), feel welcome to use this link:

http://www.smugmug.com/photos/guest/J8fsrh/MarchMORG13

I regret to say I will not make it after all. I drove up to San Jose (from Monterey) to get the little guy. On the far side of Gilroy (from SJ) the poor kid started barfing all over and couldn't stop for about 20 minutes. So he's not doing at all well, and I will be unable to attend. Happens. Catch you all at the next event!

Sorry to hear that; hope all is well now.

What a huge turnout! There were at least 20 rigs in our group alone. The park itself was pretty busy too with Area 5 full of trailers. Only grabbed a few pics. Lots of fun and no real carnage.

I just got back from vacation and decided sleeping-in was much more needed (smile); good to see the large turn-out; hope to catch the next MORG or club trip.

Oh I've had my pig and my umbrella drinks etc (no poi it's yucky ;) ). I was relaxing too much to type it all ;)

Glad you are taking some R&R; just got back from the Big Island w/my fam.

Poi is not too bad after several Mai Tai(s) or Kona Longboard beer (smile).

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Maui as we did on the Big Island and now back to work.... DV trip is coming up. Yahoo.

That was a great MORG the weather was great although I was glad I had dark sunglasses on to stop the glare off of Brenton's head!

Did not get a lot of stick for driving a Jeep either.

Lot's of fun times catching up and watching future NCLR prospects.

Let's do it again.

Mr Toads wild ride going south on 125 in the dark and major Death wobbles above 60mph it only took us 4 hours to get home! thanks Lutzi & Tammy for sticking with us.

My pics below

Code is NCLR13

http://march2013morg.shutterfly.com/

Archived