OFFICIAL : Death Valley 2013

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ella (6) and I:

No dinner Friday

Most likely breakfast Sat

Definitely dinner Sat and breakfast Sun morning

Sat morning will depend on departure time Friday and if we make it all the way to GP.

So knowing we could set a little bit of Camel Trophy USA history and have 4 CT110's in DV you are still bringing the Disco huh? Just kidding of course 😎👍

Good try Chris. Lol. If I was going solo w/a tent cot and not in the rush, I'd be good to go w/the CT110.

But I have my pre-teen with me for almost 5 days so comfort (AC if necessary), playing the Ipod thru the Harmon Kardon system on the long ride, and the RTT are must. So 04 DII it shall.

On the other hand, I wouldn't have to worry about a speeding ticket if I were to take the CT110.

See you all there!

Do you need a count for meals or do we call the Sherrif individually?

Definitely dinner on Saturday for Suttle shuttle. Kevin, Lucinda, Halle (13), Kylie (10), Maci (8)

Definitely breakfast Sunday for same group.

Max (10 turning 11 during the trip) and I would like:

2x for Saturday Dinner, Sunday B-fast and Dinner, and Monday B-fast.

Questions:

1) Max and I are leaving Saturday early morning from the Bay Area; what time is dinner and where Saturday night

2) Been on I80, I50 and looks like 95 is a major highway. Not familiar with Junction 266 and 277 - I like the miles Chuck provided. Besides the mile markers, are there any land marks e.g. Chevron Gas Station then junction 266 that I need to be aware going from:

- Follow 95 to Linda Junction Airstrip/266 Junction - 42 miles

- Follow 266 to 774 Junction – 7 miles

- Follow 774 to Gold Point (Destination) – 7 miles

3) Any know if there is a bakery in Gold Point? My son is turning 11 on Wednesday during this trip and want to surprise/wish him happy b-day, and being a good sport for going on this trip. Nothing came up during my Google search; might have to get it while he is in a bathroom break and not looking along our way.

Questions:

1) Max and I are leaving Saturday early morning from the Bay Area; what time is dinner and where Saturday night

2) Been on I80, I50 and looks like 95 is a major highway. Not familiar with Junction 266 and 277 - I like the miles Chuck provided. Besides the mile markers, are there any land marks e.g. Chevron Gas Station then junction 266 that I need to be aware going from:

3) Any know if there is a bakery in Gold Point? My son is turning 11 on Wednesday during this trip and want to surprise/wish him happy b-day, and being a good sport for going on this trip. Nothing came up during my Google search; might have to get it while he is in a bathroom break and not looking along our way.

Ron, there is nothing in Gold Point. It is just a ghost town with a bar and a few residents. The closest town is Tonopah which is 50 miles away. The cabins there do not have running water but do have chemical toilets and heaters.

I would buy something before you leave and try and hide it or have someone else bring it.

My daughter, Ella, turns 6 on April9th. We celebrated last year on the trail and she loved it. We went scorpion hunting and had cupcakes for all the kids. Eventhough she we will miss her birthday this year, we are still going to bring cupcakes for kids.

SATELLITE PHONE INFO;

I will have a Sat phone with me if anyone needs to be reached in case of an emergency.

The number is : (254) 240 5711 It will be on between 7-9 PM (assuming we're stationary)

Questions:

lots of birthday celebrations on this trip! my son Sebastian turns 15 today and may surprise him with a cake too. Ron, let me know if you've found a bakery along the way.

Folks, those of us living vicariously through this thread can't stress enough the importance of photo documentation of this trip. So many cool rhings olanned!! and Shayne reconfirmed he's heading over to meet up as well.

Safe travels folks - have fun

First contingent arrived[ATTACH]4415[/ATTACH]

There's a photo for you Tom. Funny one Chuck. You made it by high noon! How's the weather? Shorts or long pants weather?

Caravan w/Rob and Beaver. Then I stopped-over in Modesto (dinner, nap, shower) w/relatives, and then back home in the Bay Area. What a great trip!

Chuck and others are still in Death Valley to finish the trip.

Too tired to post picture - posting tomorrow.

Archived