Updates to my LR4

DavidW

Here are some updated pictures of my LR4 - had the wheels powder-coated black, painted the vents, headlamp covers, and grill only a matte black. Looks awesome!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/63E6A882-6AEC-4F13-BEED-C25359E3EE47-5262-000004A755FFF855.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/710E8117-AAC5-461C-A687-D3586B289B50-5262-000004A742ADBC60.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v667/EireAngus/FC230478-D254-4883-A2E7-83B30A0E6954-5262-000004A731D87491.jpg

Very nice David!

I read Nigel's list of LR4 issues; not many; good to hear all covered by the warranty. Has the LR4 been reliable for you? Asking since I have friends looking into LR3/LR4s. Plenty of info on LR3s. Since LR4s are relatively new, good to hear directly from owners. Thanks!

Cheers!

Very nice David!

I read Nigel's list of LR4 issues; not many; good to hear all covered by the warranty. Has the LR4 been reliable for you? Asking since I have friends looking into LR3/LR4s. Plenty of info on LR3s. Since LR4s are relatively new, good to hear directly from owners. Thanks!

Cheers!

Hey Ron,

Thanks! My LR4 will be 2 years old this February and has about 19,000 miles. So far it has been rock solid, no issues or problems at all. When I had my service a few thousand miles ago they said my brakes and everything else looked great. I love the LR3, but the LR4 really has a lot of great improvements as far as quality of materials used, fit and finish, and overall reliability. In addition, just the increase in engine in the LR4 over the LR3 is quite significant. I am part of an LR4-specific forum and they provided some website (I will need to find it) that showed the reliability from 2010 until now - the life of the LR4 and it beat out BMW, Mercedes, and Audi by a long shot. The LR3 and previous generation (before Tata Motors upped the QC) Discos did not have such a good track record.

Let me know if you have any specific questions of if your friends want to see my truck. I know for sure I am sticking with the Discovery 4 (they are planning to change the name to the name found everywhere Ex-US), but likely ordering a new one late next summer. The Discovery 5 likely won't be out until 2016 or something, but I am scared to see the design. I love the new Range Rover, except for the front.

Hope to see you soon!

-David

Very sharp. Glad to hear about the reliability of the LR4. We are looking at getting one in 6 mo to a year. Need to buy a house first and it also gives soon time for prices to fall a bit. I really like the improvements and interior upgrades on the LR4 vs the 3.

• 3 months later...

Hi David,

Great pics!!! I am also an owner of a 2011 LR4 and was wondering which skid plates and rock sliders did you use? Did you look into Asfir? Also, do you have 20' or 19' copper tires? I have 19' rims and was wondering which ATR tires to pick.

Best,

Michal

Hi David,

Great pics!!! I am also an owner of a 2011 LR4 and was wondering which skid plates and rock sliders did you use? Did you look into Asfir? Also, do you have 20' or 19' copper tires? I have 19' rims and was wondering which ATR tires to pick.

Best,

Michal

Hey Michal,

I have the 19" wheels (255/55/R19). They finally have the Cooper Zeon LTZs available. If you want more rugged tires (though you really should be fine with the LTZs), then you need to get the 18" wheels from Compomotives - I believe Nigel has them. They are the only wheels that clear the brakes/calipers on the LR4.

Send me over an e-mail (davidangusw@gmail.com) - we can chat.

-David

Archived