Anyone watch One Car Too Far?

Phil.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv-shows/one-car-too-far/videos

For those who don't, it's sort like Man vs. Wild meets Camel Trophy. 2 guys (one survival expert and one gear head) are dropped in the middle of nowhere. They're given a tracker to find a "nearby" Jeep CJ and have 3 days to find civilization. They're given a general direction of which way to go (i.e. west) and meager rations and recovery gear.

I was originally interested since it showcases offroading and even shows some ingenious repairs and how to use the vehicle in a survival situation. But I've quickly soured on the show. It glamorizes the fun of driving in remote areas, but should they really be out driving where they're at? OK even if they have the environmental green light, it's not clear to the viewers. Certainly makes it more cool to drive as fast as needed, but nothing about the as slow as possible.Most dangerous, they had the survival guy strapped to the back of the Jeep rappelling the vehicle down a steep cliff. WTH?! Yeah it's good TV, but boy does it give the critics plenty of ammo.

I saw that episode and had similar thoughts. Hands down the best parts were the trail repairs. However there was no evidence of a TREAD Lightly mentality. I figure that's (at least) part of the reason for shooting in Chile.

In a perfect world, this show would star Les Stroud and Bill Burke;)

ive watched all the shows on demand i really like them. they are far fetched though. i like the one where they just happened to get eggs in their rations and then their radiator blows so he fixes it with the eggs. it's entertaining and the patches are valuable information.

Archived