RTE Radius Arms

Disco2Guy

My RTE radius arms were delivered today:) They are much beefier than I was expecting and look like they can take a good beating. New nuts and bolts are on order from Rovers North but will take a few weeks for delivery (they had to get them from the UK).

I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to install them but will post more pics when I do.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I drove to Colin's house so we could install the radius arms. It seems like the arms are the same length as stock, but the caster has been adjusted. I'm going to talk to Bill at RTE and see what he says since they are supposed to be 1-1/8" longer.

We also got the Bilstein's installed up front. I checked my records and these shocks were bought from Cambo on 8/19/2009. That's 3 years to the day from purchase to installation! Not bad:P

Big thanks to Pedram as well for modifying the turrets. Being able to drop the shock straight down to the mount worked great.

Here's a comparison shot and one of the lower mounts for now. I'll post more showing the locations of the reservoirs, which might need some brackets.

• 6 months later...

So, due to some interesting life changes, I've got a favor to ask and I know it's a long shot. Does anyone have a parking spot for one of my Rovers for a little bit (can be flexible on how long, but a month would be helpful)? Or if anyone has any ideas of reasonably affordable / secure parking as far south as Redwood City / Woodside that would be helpful. Or a warehouse.

Thanks!

I also have space, outside and not on the peninsula though. You are welcome to store it as long as you like. Yard is secure, have to get past the gate, the dog, me, and a semi functional CT110, pretty much in that order. Dog really hates strangers in the yard :)

post-289-14241466608_thumb.jpg

post-289-142414666088_thumb.jpg

Does anyone have a parking spot for one of my Rovers for a little bit (can be flexible on how long, but a month would be helpful)? Or if anyone has any ideas of reasonably affordable / secure parking as far south as Redwood City / Woodside that would be helpful. Or a warehouse.

There is room on the road outside my place and nobody would notice another Rover parked there .... leave the keys ... and you know Rovers are better driven than parked ....

(I think I'd accept one of the other offers that you've had though ...)

Graeme

So, due to some interesting life changes, I've got a favor to ask and I know it's a long shot.

Need another parking spot, life changes....congratulations maybe? I mean, a never Rover is a reason to celebrate?

Thanks guys! Will work through options, but I think I owe Tom (and all you guys) a round of beers. Or fries at the next Peninsula gathering.

Too many damned Rovers.

Haha! Ron, I wish but alas I don't think that will be happening for a bit. Life changes and all, and threw a rod in the '81 driving it home tonight... so that's tossed a real wrench into plans. Guess it will be getting a 4.6 now. Rovers - always something. Drove the Hunter home, expecting something crazy to happen but I made it in one piece so that's a bit of good news!

I saw the hole, looked at mine, looks the same so therefore = stock :) really if you look at the workshop manual they describe this as alternative cooling method for hot climates, just requires lots of oil (which fortunately is the environment they were speaking of).

Archived