Official Pismo Beach May 18-20 2012

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lutz,

I haven't gotten the days off work yet so I don't have anything firmed up yet. But I am planning on coming, camping and could bring some chopped up pallets.

Anyone from the north wanting to caravan down?

I'm coming from Vacaville, where you at, again? I can meet you up on 680 or 101. Are you down for leaving after work Thur night? I will if someone else is camping-I'm not camping by myself! If not, I have that Friday off, regardless, and can leave early in the AM.

Hi Lutz,

I am planning on joining the trip and have made a ReserveAmerica reservation

It will be at least me and possibly either my oldest daughter (15) or a Jeep Buddy

Planning on a maiden voyage of yet to be assembled/retrofitted Camping Trailer...we'll see how this works out...

N00b Q: Is it BYOx for food, etc... Assuming a grill and such at the camp site?

1) Your eta arrival to Pismo

Possibly Thursday night but likely Friday and depending on school, early evening (4p-7p window)

2) Are you camping or staying in a hotel; if camping, can you bring a bundle of wood?

Camping - yes, can bring wood (with trailer can bring a larger amount let me know if extra needed)

3) Anyone interested in hitting Garcia Ridge Saturday afternoon; leave camp after lunch be back before dark.

Sounds like fun, Depending Terrain:Mod ratio, I/we may be candidates for shot-gun seats - play by ear...

Thanks for coordinating this trip, feel welcome to ping/PM me if you need more info etc.. and I will update as things solidify on this end.

Cheers, TO

Hi Lutz,

I am planning on joining the trip and have made a ReserveAmerica reservation

It will be at least me and possibly either my oldest daughter (15) or a Jeep Buddy

Planning on a maiden voyage of yet to be assembled/retrofitted Camping Trailer...we'll see how this works out...

N00b Q: Is it BYOx for food, etc... Assuming a grill and such at the camp site?

yes bring your own food and don't forget your favorite beverages :)..Its a dry campground so theirs only pit toilets.

I'm coming from Vacaville, where you at, again? I can meet you up on 680 or 101. Are you down for leaving after work Thur night? I will if someone else is camping-I'm not camping by myself! If not, I have that Friday off, regardless, and can leave early in the AM.

Not sure on the leave time. I could be convinced to leave after work on Thrusday but... it's a long drive. Maybe we could split it and stop somewhere to camp along the way. Fastest for me is the I-5 straight down and then cut west on the 41. But that's a 5+ hr trip and in the rover, even longer. If we went the 101 then maybe we could stop somwhere near Monterey for the night and make the beach early Friday

My route is 680S to the 101S. I'm down for doing that as well (camping part way). I know of a wonderful restaurant that brews their own beer. Food is fab and my hubby loved the beer! I'll have to look it up on yelp. I posted a good comment on that restaurant.

• 2 weeks later...

sneak preview... photos from 2010 event

photo 1: Garcia Ridge action

photo 2: not sure what was happening, just oddity having large group of people milling around taking pictures with no vehicles perhaps

Guys... no need to bring wood I literally have felled recently a huge Oak tree and have cut it up into rounds but yet to split it so is perfect for camping... I may try show up friday night @ least to bring wood in my trailer for everyone (it's the least I can do:p) see you there!

I'm sorry to say I'll have to miss this trip. The recent repairs (driveshaft, battery and TB defroster) and an unpaid state tax bill has left me with no money for the rest of the month. I was really hoping to make it to Pismo. Maybe I can make it down later in the summer.

Hey Lutz,

I just called to make a reservation today, slots are very limited. This is my reservation:

RESERVATION DETAILS

CAMPGROUND: OCEANO DUNES SVRASITE: OFF-ROAD VEHICLE SITE TYPE: OFF-ROAD VEHICLE SITELOOP: OCEA

STATE: California

REGION: OHVR

ARRIVAL DATE: Fri May 18 DEPARTURE DATE: Sun May 20 LENGTH OF STAY: 2

PRIMARY OCCUPANT:CRYSTAL NELSON

# OF OCCUPANTS: 1 EQUIPMENT

# OF VEHICLES: 1

CHECK-IN TIME: 2:00 PM

CHECK-OUT TIME: 6:00 PM

Is this right? Call me if it isn't.

Hey Lutz,

I just called to make a reservation today, slots are very limited. This is my reservation:

RESERVATION DETAILS

CAMPGROUND: OCEANO DUNES SVRASITE: OFF-ROAD VEHICLE SITE TYPE: OFF-ROAD VEHICLE SITELOOP: OCEA

STATE: California

REGION: OHVR

ARRIVAL DATE: Fri May 18 DEPARTURE DATE: Sun May 20 LENGTH OF STAY: 2

PRIMARY OCCUPANT:CRYSTAL NELSON

# OF OCCUPANTS: 1 EQUIPMENT

# OF VEHICLES: 1

CHECK-IN TIME: 2:00 PM

CHECK-OUT TIME: 6:00 PM

Is this right? Call me if it isn't.

Looks right.surprise they said that sites limited still 946 sites available.Sorry to see you cant make it B you will be missed.Going to be a great turnout we have 20 trucks 11 from NCLR.

Updated the 1st page to include the dates for our annual members gathering in Hollister Oct 5-7.

Also Mike is thinking of planning a Mojave Dessert Trip post up on the thread he started if interested.

Archived