March MORG

Any interest in MORG next weekend? I'm headed to a cub scout event today ( Camp Campbell ) and the other dads always ask, do you Really go offroading in that thing or is it just for show?I have one who wants to bring his Toyota, his spensive tires havent seen real dirt yet. I'd like to bring him along.

Plus the weather lately has been great! Let's get out there and enjoy it!

Hey Jen,

I am most likely going! I went myself last week and had lots of fun. I don't know if I am ready for anything major, but should hopefully be there. We met last time as I stumbled upon the NCLR at the day picnic area and you asked me about my "shiny LR4" - HAHA! I did get a new front skid plate, so hoping to have Cerrone's install it this week. I also ordered a Voyager half-rack, but that won't be in for another week or two :-(

I remember you have that really cute dog! Looking forward to seeing you again!

-David

I'm planning on going - hopefully to get DavidW into some more in-depth LR4 training. If the weather is nice, I'm planning to hit this place for a cool margie on the deck after -

http://www.jardinesrestaurant.com/

Hey Dave (sasquatch),

I definitely need a lesson, as long as we stay on the baby blue trails where my naive LR4 doesn't get scratched up or ruined - haha! I feel like even learning more about the terrain response and when to use what setting is something I am lacking. I've learned a lot by reading and going there myself twice, but I still feel pretty darn dumb. Remember when I was going to spray WD40 on the fricking compressor? Ugh! I still have no clue where the height sensors are located. I'm such a doofus.

I'll drop you a line closer to Saturday..... I'll either be alone or my buddy will join me again, he likes just going for the ride and acts as the camera guy. I wanted one of my gals to come along, but they have zero interest.

-David

I'm pretty sure I'm in. I don't think the wife is coming this week, but I may have my son Jack (3 as well). If we make it long enough I'd be down for a drink too!

Hey Ron,

Glad to hear there will be another LR4 there! :) Oh, and a stock one too like mine. Haha! Although I just got a new front skid plate - putting it on this week. See you!

-David

Area 5 needs to be rented ahead of time, mainly for groups. You can stay at Sycamore, which is downhill, on the backside of the new obstacle course. You can also stay in the area next to the bathrooms above the old obstacle course.

AH. We'll have to see how the little guy feels about staying. It may be too long of a day for him.

Thanks Brenton!

Archived