Joshua Tree trip (2/17 - 2/20)

Yes this is true. My wedding is planned for that exact weekend. No go for me either...LOL. Sorry. Hopefully you get your RRC before that and I can mount that new fancy tire carrier you have been waiting for.

Yes this is true. My wedding is planned for that exact weekend. No go for me either...LOL. Sorry. Hopefully you get your RRC before that and I can mount that new fancy tire carrier you have been waiting for.

That's right... congrats again! I plan on taking that RRC with me for sure.

That would be WHTRVR, Mike - no more new Rovers (still in trouble for the last one, although I think I'm getting the GF more warmed up to keeping it around!). Just getting some final things modified/added... :)

• 6 months later...

I'm looking for a manual transmission Defender 90 to compliment my current vehicle...an LR2 :)

Something in the mid-90s (ie, a 1995) would be ideal and any aftermarket off-road add-ons are a plus. I'd be especially interested in a quality locking rear-diff.

Eg, Nigel's D90 seems like it would've been perfect and fairly priced (if only I was checking the forum then!).

Haha. How funny, my hubby has a red soft top D90 that's a manual '95. I don't pknow if he'd sell it (since we are going to Guam). I'll ask him. But it has a hole you can stick your finger through on the exterior behinds the passenger door. And has scratches on both sides.

Hi Crystal - I enjoy seeing your D90 in Hollister a while back.

Check with your husband and have him PM or email me if he's interested. The questions I ask when purchasing boil down to:

- Mileage (i'm ok with higher mileage)

- Rust (any paint bubbles? how's the frame, bottom of doors, foot wells? is the hardware/bolts stock or alloy?)

- How's the engine? Any mechanical issues?

- A/C (installed by dealer? blows cold?

- Jump seats in the rear?

- Winch or winch-compatible bumper?

- Roof rack?

- Brush bar?

- Snorkel?

- Conditions of tires?

- (I'd be curious to hear if there are any other common pre-purchase inspections that I'm missing)

Anyways, as you can see this is why Nigel's D90 seemed perfect. It has pretty much everything listed above that I'm looking for.

Hey Sam,

I think I met you breifly at a Morg earlier this year, I was in my old series. I have been a long time D90 owner, and while I don't want to sell mine, I would be more than willing to help you with any questions you might have in your search. You are more than welcome to look at & drive mine if you want to get a better feel for them, and I can show you some of the thiings you might want to look for (or look out for). If I can make it to the annual event, I'll bring mine down, but this is a busy time of year for me. Otherwise, you are always welcome to come up and take a look at it if you want.

Cheers,

Thanks everyone, I ended up buying this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-Rover-Defender-DEFENDER-90-?cmd=ViewItem&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D65%26meid%3D1499893845407674551%26pid%3D100040%26prg%3D1032%26rk%3D1%26&_trksid=p2046732.m2060&item=280941898065#ht_48319wt_1182

They sold it to me for a pretty good price. Just picked it up in Denver last sunday and spent the last two days driving back here.

Robb - I'll hopefully see you at the annual event. It'd be fun to check out your defender.

Congrats on the new D90, Sam. I'd love to learn more about what to look for when looking over one just just may take Rob up on his offer someday. I've been lurking on d-90 for the past few weeks and casually looking at what pops up on eBay, but nothing serious. I'd just retired my RRS from daily driver duties (124k since 06) and made the practical choice to get a more fuel efficient commuter car, but a Defender is an impractical, impulse buy I've got a green light for :-)

I'd just retired my RRS from daily driver duties (124k since 06) and made the practical choice to get a more fuel efficient commuter car, but a Defender is an impractical, impulse buy I've got a green light for :-)

Phil, for a family man like yourself w/kids, I'd suggest getting a Defender 110. More space inside to carry gears; here's a 93 NAS 110 for $55k: http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/cto/3217880541.html

post-7-142414663171_thumb.jpg

Archived