Finally a D110

NomaD110

Hey guys,

Some of you all know me as DiscoNomad and my 04 Disco thats now for sale. After years of making that truck just what I like I have decided to start all over again with a D110. I was really looking for a perfect one that was already fully restored and an opportunity arose. After two red eye flights later I finally pulled the trigger on a fully "nut and bolt" restored D110 offered to me by Copley Motors. The truck is NAS #99/500 and is essentially a better then new example of a 1993 with lots of updates. Essentially it has a galvi frame restoration, 97-98 dash, LED lighting upgrade, updated heated seats, 4.6L engine with R380, Salisbury rear with disk breaks, all panels restored and redone, dual battery setup, spray liner on top and bottom of truck under correct carpet interior, etc, etc, etc. It's bran new.

As it sits today the truck is very nice and stock looking even though I'm not a fan of some of the bolt on stuff the previous owner did. Those spaced out wheels/rims are hideous and thinking about changing them for NATO 110 white steelies on 235/85R16 KM2s. I love the Rock Ware rear swing out bumper but not a fan of the front style wrap around bumper. I am not even sure what the front bumper is. I literally had only hours to see the car and drive it with before having to grab the next flight home.

My plan is essentially to do an ARB front, M12000 winch, OME HD, and the white steel wheels in a 235. Beyond that I am going to try out everything that is on the truck and keep really stock looking.

Anyway thats enough for now...check out the pictures here which suck I know but I was in a hurry to document as much as I could. Soon I will have nomad110.com up and running to document all the fun. Your comments are always welcome and appreciated. Hopefully I can meet some of you in person at the next club thing.

Cheers,

Christian

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g418/nomad110/DSC03979.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
I picked up a 99 D2 for 1700. It ran. (kind-of) It started to overheat on the way home so I pulled over and took out some tools to fix and bypassed One coolant leak only to find another. I ended up towing it home. While on the Ham waiting for the tow truck I heard Michael Beaver chime in. Paul and I decided to take the stuff off the other d2 and fix this one. I should see you on the trails in this new d2 soon.

Beaver and I were over at Robs tonight in making some plans for Death Valley. Beaver was able to program my mobile HAM (Puxing 777) and get the Diablo repeater. I recognized your voice when you mentioned you bought a Land Rover on the air. Pretty cool to hear you in the East Bay and we were in Elk Grove.

Too bad it overheated on you before you even got home. Post some pics.

How many miles? color? etc.

I picked up a 99 D2 for 1700. It ran. (kind-of) It started to overheat on the way home ....

That sounds so familiar ...my blue D2 didn't start overheating until 400 miles later though (but I knew it has a suspected head gasket issue). Finally got the blue one out to Hollister last weekend, and it wasn't me who went home on a tow truck this time .... just trying to decide whether I dare take it to Shaver Lake this weekend after only 500 miles of driving (oh, and no anti-freeze yet ... ooops).

Congrats on the new addition. Wonder if you'll have it going before my Green D2 gets back on the road (4.6 with top hat liners in progress). That one is the keeper. Sold the bumper so it has cost me almost nothing so far ....

Graeme

Archived