I didn't add any new mods to test out, but I did remove the factory side steps that got a little bent when coming over the top of the steep hill at the Quarry. Not sure if I will try that quarry hill again until I can convince the wife that I "NEED" rock sliders.

And... unless my wife grows a couple more inches soon, keeping the factory sliders off and even a Rovertym lift are some challenges right now...

Regardless, I'm almost certain to come out and join, and Colin, Mike, or Nigel we're all pretty much in the same area, if you guys want to meet up and caravan probably the easiest on and off spot that is common to our commute would be the

Safeway in Dublin, on Dublin BLVD. The off ramp takes you directly to Safeway for Colin, and the onramp is right there as well. Or anywhere people want to meet up, post here!

Anyone else going?

I didn't add any new mods to test out, but I did remove the factory side steps that got a little bent when coming over the top of the steep hill at the Quarry. Not sure if I will try that quarry hill again until I can convince the wife that I "NEED" rock sliders.

Might I suggest two options.

1. I think Kevin has a pic of me in the Quarry high centered coming over one of those steep crests. Sliders = no damage. Feel free to use :-)

2. My wife was driving in the Quarry. Spotter says slow down and turn left as we Capt Morgan. She panics and gives it gas. We come down hard knocking one of those lower plastic trim pieces loose. Retelling that story quiets any discussion about the money spent on sliders.

Can't make it rover is down and out. Seems as tho a washer made it's pretty little way into the 4th cylinder. Have to remove engine to remove and replace piston. Oh well allows for easy access to water pump and transfer case. Probably be down until august. One day this will be a drivable machine!!!!

might be up for a Sunday spin.... expect warmest temps in mid 80's :)

yeah, but Morgan Hill is rumored to be at 105° Sunday...according to the hot blondie doing the weather ......hope she is wrong..

Archived