Return to the Rubicon 2011

Nathan, which date(s) are you planning to go?

Hi Ron, count me out if anything I am doing the Dusy again now... I was up @ Huntington Lake this past weekend and have to do it again it's in my blood now!! ;)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ron, count me out if anything I am doing the Dusy again now... I was up @ Huntington Lake this past weekend and have to do it again it's in my blood now!! ;)

Lol. Thought you had enough of the Dusy for awhile since our trip last year. Are you going to South to North or North to South? Either way - way to go!

Frank & Tyler, me and lilKrawler and Collin, plus a 6 other guys (non Rovers) will be hitting the trail in 3 weeks with the Jeepers Jamboree, flying the NCLR colors. Normally, what happens on the Rubicon stays on the Rubicon, but I'll make sure we post up a trail conditions report for everyone. As I haven't been wheeling since Death Valley -- I'm looking forward to the getaway.

Chuck, isn't Tigerdan co-piloting w/you.

Anyways, have fun, show NCLR color w/pride (just don't have a vehicle breakdown infront of those Jeepers - lol), and report back; still planning to go Aug 11-14 but looks like group is shrinking w/Colin going earlier w/you, Nathan aka Slohybird going to the Dusy instead, and I think Lutz said not a good wknd.

We will still have the group buy with Lucky8 regardless.

correction. I am not able to attend the Jeep jamboree. money is to tight right now for that. would love to go but need to get save cash. as for the trip with you ron. I might be able to make it. I will see what's going on in the next day or so.

Hi Ron, count me out if anything I am doing the Dusy again now... I was up @ Huntington Lake this past weekend and have to do it again it's in my blood now! ;)

<thread hijack>

We were up in Huntington Lake area too the weekend before last ...

Picture of the Dusy attached ... proof that my son was on the Dusy, throwing snowballs from a snowbank!

Decided not to try it in the F*** F150 which remained at the gate.

Graeme

A quick update to my earlier post. Now I will have a long time friend, new to rovers, but with a set up DI in our group as well. Anyone else is more than welcome to join.

Thanks for the invite; have fun! Since we're going the week before your trip (Aug 11-14), will make sure to leave something for you (lol) hidden in the rocks (gps coords will be provided) e.g. beverage, cigars... ; or how about a sign @ the Gatekeeper that says "Welcome JFuller" - enjoy the Disneyland of Tours for Rockcrawlers" (lol); hey, looks like we will all have fun on this trip. Still looking to hit the Rubicon on the Aug 11th-14th.

Update: on Aug 11-14th

So far we have the following indicated going for Aug 11-14th.

- Ron (RRC)

- Colin (RRC)

- Nigel (D1)

- Rod from Besa Auto (D1)

- Tim (Trail Leader)

Any co-pilots still nterested?

We can have one more.... anyone else? Gary? Might open it up to LRRF as long as the person meets the min req, and team player. We just don't want anyone who is not going to listen to the trail leader/spotter and go off on their on/risk safety for the group.

Things to follow:

When we get HD parts in from Lucky 8, like to have a wrench day/help members get their truck ready for the Rubicon; perhaps last wkdn of July 30/31. Save on labor cost installation/BBQ time.

And if all works out, shake down/test drive first Saturday Aug 6/Aug MORG if members going to the Rubicon are avail.

We can also do the vehicle inspection at that time/make sure vehicles meet min requirements. Members not going to the trip are still welcome to join wrenching (we could use a hand) and MORG - see Rubicon Ready vehicles.

My vehicle is ready; did a bit of testing on the Signal Peak Trail/samping of Winch Hill #1 @ the Fordyce trail, and locked and ready to go; since I am ready, I can help members get their truck ready!

Food @ on the Rubicon Trail is BYOB; but if Enrique comes, hope to twist his arm or offer him a cold beer @ camp, and we all cheap in for "High Altitude Steak Fajitas" on the Rubicon Trail. I will be bringing my ARB fridge to store meat, milk, beer... and yes, ice cream (lol).

Stickers Anyone?

http://images4.cpcache.com/product/168575884v10_480x480_Front.jpg

Our Friends from CafePress (who made our Dusy stickers) is offering no frills Rubicon Trail Stickers for half price ($2.00 now); anyone?

http://www.cafepress.com/+rubicon_trail_rt_euro_oval_sticker,168575884

We can get it customized to add etc... 2nd Annual, NCLR.... but will cost more; anyone?

Come on - you want a sticker after completing the trail! Lol.

By the way, if you order one; not giving you the sticker till you complete the trail; badge of honor (smile)! J/k. You will ge the sticker regardless finished or not, and will try our best to make everyone complete the trail. No man left behind!

Other things to consider:

1) Pack it in/Pack it out including your waste on the Rubicon; if you need Wag Bags, let me know; I have limited supplies for sale, and can offer them to the folks going.

Also on sale @ Camping Works 12 for $32.99 + tax (comes to lil over $2.60 ea + tax): http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/wag-bag-12-pack/24397

BYOB (Bring Your Own Bucket) - lol!

2) Excellent durable bag to store trash and Wag Bags are Trashoo: http://www.trasharoo.com/iWeb/TRASHAROO%20/Order%20Yours%20Today.html

$44.99+tax est $3.70 +shipping est $10 (you will be spending about $60 if you buy it individually).

I have 2 left over from last group buy (one green/one black); if you are going on this trip and need one, selling it to you for $40 (includes tax and delivery/pick-up @ Mexxis or MORG)

http://nclrclub.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=2383&d=1277177274

Looks like Nigel was foolish enough to offer me a co-dog seat! I'm there!!

Wohoo Dave! Pacificos in the house!

Hey, when Justin @ Lucky8 comes back from his UK trip on 18th, call him; he is comtemplating on this trip but Nationals is just around the corner, and the Rubicon Trail is a bit far from the East Coast; but since you have a vendor relationship (great Sasquatch rods), you maybe able twist his arm (he seems to be open to good marketing opp and this would be a true Rover on the Rocks Video for Lucky8)! Ha! Ha! Told him - no worries if he can't - just give us a solid discount.

Two groups and diff dates.

Dates I am proposing (when Tim is avail) is Aug 11-14. There is a $250 per vehicle fee.

Looks like Colin can't take those days off and would prefer the wknd after Aug 19-21. And JFuller is going this wknd. No vehicle guide fee in this group.

Nigel is working on his mods.

Lutz are you still in? Which wknd?

Antonio - still up for this?

Hey Ron it doesn't look like im going to make it. thinking about running the Dusy again.But things might change ill keep ya posted.

Thanks for the invite; have fun! Since we're going the week before your trip (Aug 11-14), will make sure to leave something for you (lol) hidden in the rocks (gps coords will be provided) e.g. beverage, cigars... ; or how about a sign @ the Gatekeeper that says "Welcome JFuller" - enjoy the Disneyland of Tours for Rockcrawlers" (lol); hey, looks like we will all have fun on this trip. Still looking to hit the Rubicon on the Aug 11th-14th.

Sounds good to me. That would be exciting. I found a cash at little sluce last time through. It was alot of fun. Because I'll be coming through the next weekend, if there are any, God forbid, major problems, just camp for the week and I'll bring your repair parts right to your front ... flap. Offer is still open if anyone wants to go.

Jason

Ron what does the guide fee include? Does anyone want to potluck some of the meals? are there camping fees?

Sorry I missed this post.

Guide fee is for Tim to spot/guide us thru the Rubicon; also includes mechanical assistance from Tim best he can; he is an LR mechanic and hired guide many Land Rover Special Events.

No guarantees though things will be perfect; any of our vehicles could crap out and die in the middle of the trail, or roll-over if not listen to your spotter. Best is to be prepared for the worst, and listen to our spotter.

Sounds good to me. That would be exciting. I found a cash at little sluce last time through. It was alot of fun. Because I'll be coming through the next weekend, if there are any, God forbid, major problems, just camp for the week and I'll bring your repair parts right to your front ... flap. Offer is still open if anyone wants to go.

Jason

Will thnk of something and give you fun clues (and even appx of general area e.g. Buck Island)

Archived