Return to the Rubicon 2011

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
The RRC is on its way to being ready. Just ordered the MASSIVE 35's I decided that 37's just a bit to much money and work. I am going to run the rubicon rocks at hollister this weekend if i get my 35's in time. I am currently getting all the little things fixed on the rover and will get the diffs shortly. I should have the winch by then too.

• 1 month later...

Tim tells me he has a lot of work to do till late September.

Does Thur-Sun Sept 22-25 work, or Sept 30-Oct 2 work for anyone?

Back in 2009, (did the Rubicon Trail with some of the folks on this thread and Tim) was to meet up on the Loon Lake side for a Thursday nite camping.

And then get an early start on the Rubicon Trail Friday morning. Shall we have another "Ru-bacon Breakfast" theme (lol).

Make our way to & perhaps camp near Spider Lake on Friday night.

Take our time and make out way/use Sat to get pass Buck Island, Big Sluice and position ourselfves to camp @ Rubicon Springs.

And then use Sun moring to get thru Cadillac Hill.

Hopefully will be on airing up on the Tahoe side and ready to drive back home after lunch!

or Sept 30-Oct 2 work for anyone?

That is the annual event weekend.

I am good for the weekend before. As far as what group i would like to go in. I have changed my mind to group 2.

or Sept 30-Oct 2 work for anyone?

That is the annual event weekend.

I am good for the weekend before. As far as what group i would like to go in. I have changed my mind to group 2.

Guys! I'm out it's too cold that time of year up there for me :P besides I may have a real job in the making.

Geez, Dusy was cold; Rubicon will be paradise around that time. Lol.

Real job - meaning shirt and tie (smile).

Hope you can make it Nathan. Dates above has changed; just chatted with Tim; LR dealers want for for the above dates for the Range Rover Evoque release in the USA. New proposed dates for the Rubicon coming up!

If it happens after the Baja trip I may be up for it. Don't want to brake before this trip.

Well since you have a few Land Rovers (smile), take the RRC on the Con and P38 for Baja. That way if something breaks on the RRC and not enough time to fix it for the next trip, you have the P38!

Possible new dates Aug 5-7 for 2nd Annual NCLR "Return to the Rubicon".

Trying to avoid the Rubicon on hese two events as it will be crowded = 1) Jeepers Jamboree July 28-31, and 2) Jeep Jamporee Aug 11-14th.

Tim is not opposed to having a 2nd group following along so incase we need ea other's help; atleast 1 Ham radio required in ea group. He can jump-in or vice versa. We just need a good spotter/trail leader for the 2nd group. Tim will lead the 1st group.

Can we get a show of hands (well, can't see you hands but post here) who might be interested in Aug 5-7 trip to the Rubicon.

Group 1 (Tim Leading):

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Group 2 (Need a Trail Leader): Nathan or Will, up for it?

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Tim also tells me depending on the size of the group, we may need a permit. So let's seal this up by 1st week of July. Which really only gives you a month to prepare if we are shooting for Aug 5-7 date. At this point, your vehicle must be "Rubicon Ready".

Tim is heading to Rubicon Springs for a friend's wedding, and he'll come back and give us an assessment of the trail. Seems plenty of snow still. My guess if they start melting in July, we might see higher than normal water level on Spider Lake and Buck Island. Will wait for Tim's report.

In the meantime, let's post who might be interested in heading back to the Rubicon Aug 5-7?

Cheers!

Not to throw a wet blanket on all of this, but I believe the times you chose are the same as for the Jeep Jamboree (different than Jeepers Jamboree the weekend before).

You should double check to make sure the trail will be open to the public. I believe for both the Jeepers and the Jeep Jamboree trail access is limited to people who have paid for the event -- but I might be wrong on the second one. So you may need to push back the Rubicon trip a weekend or so...

Here's the link http://www.jeepersjamboree.com/trip_info.html. Of course anyone who wants to pay the $$ and join us for the 4 day trip last weekend in July still has time too!

Chuck has it right. The Jeep Jamboree is after the Jeeper's Jamboree the following weekend, the 5th-7th. It's listed on the Jeeper's Jamboree website.

http://www.jeepersjamboree.com/

Roger that Dan/Chuck. New Date is Aug 11-14 Thur-Sun. Thanks!

Again, Tim is not opposed to having a 2nd group following along so incase we need ea other's help; atleast 1 Ham radio required in ea group. He can jump-in or vice versa. We just need a good spotter/trail leader for the 2nd group. Tim will lead the 1st group.

Can we get a show of hands (well, can't see you hands but post here) who might be interested.

Group 1 (Tim Leading):

1) Ron

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

Group 2 (Need a Trail Leader):

1) Colin

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

In the meantime, let's post who might be interested in heading back to the Rubicon

Might open it up to LRRF and Expo guest if we don't get enough turn-out here; should be a great trip/return to the Rubicon!

Cheers!

Archived