The Dusy which way

I originally suggested start from North to South when we checked this entrance few years ago, and was thinking might be the better way to stay the trip w/a good night rest @ Camp Edision or a cabin downtown Shaver Lake the night before we hit the trail. Just a thought.

However, Nathan (our trip leader) who has been on the trail, and I talked (trip planner) and suggested South to North for ease. Not going to be a cake walk going from the other direction but min damage. Good to check among the poeple going.

Also the trail reports I've read pointed South to North; and now come to think of it - might be a good idea to end in the north closer to civilization (downtown Shaver Lake). For celebration time (for completing the trail), we are closer to cold beer/hot from the oven pizza downtown Shaver Lake (smile).

And not to consider if the last part in the North is the hardest, we'd be closer to tow services/repair shop, and hotels or Camp Edison for hot showers (double smile) after 4 days being on the trail.

I am starting to put together the maps/details of the trip for our 30 mile trail on the Dusy.

Between Nathan, me and other here - we can start shaping up this trip. Look forward to this!

I originally suggested start from North and then end in the South when we first checked the North entrance few years ago, and was thinking might be the better way to stay w/a good night rest @ Camp Edision or a cabin downtown Shaver Lake the night before we hit the trail.

Nathan (our trip leader) who has been on this traip, and I talked (trip planner) and he suggested South to North. I said let's do it - but good to check among the poeple going.

And the trail reports I've read pointed South to North. Come to think of it - might be a good idea to end in the North closer to civilization (downtown Shaver Lake). For celebration time (for completing the trail), we are closer to cold beer/hot from the oven pizza downtown Shaver Lake (smile).

And not to consider if the last part in the North is the hardest, closer to tow services/repair shop, and hotels or Camp Edison for hot showers (double smile) after 4 days being on the trail.

I am starting to put together the maps/details of the trip for our 30 mile journey on the Dusy. Between Nathan, me and other here - we can start shaping up this trip. Look forward to it!

Ok! thanks to Ron I have just looked @ the Map & if we go from the North or the South these are the camp areas we stayed @ & recommend

So from the North Wed night stay somewhere near the trailhead to get an early start (need to research an area) Thursday hit the trail and make it to Ershim Lake & spend the night there & have a fishing contest.... Friday head to Thompson Lake and camp @ a site right off of Thompson Hill it is nice and cosy and has a nice loo (bathroom) Saturday we go down Thompson Hill and head to Chicken Rock & camp @ the base in Voyager camp which overlooks Courtright Res then Sunday we head home.

Vica Versa from the South I am open to either way but you know me I like a challenge!

Archived