Hey all!

We're getting closer to the 2015 NCLR Annual which is out at Hollister SVRA.  To that end, NCLR has a little planning to do and will be running the MORG on August 1st in Hollister for some off-roading and a little planning to be ready.

As always, we'll meet at the Ranger Station at 10AM.  Stock trucks are OK!

RSVP on the NCLR Calendar -- see you there!

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1455.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

IMG_1534.jpg

hollister.png

Rupert, haha yeah I noticed that I wouldn't be attending this MORG... Brenton has to do some Annual prep so he's got it covered.

Maybe with that new Range Rover Sport SVR...

• 2 weeks later...

Area 5 is reserved for this MORG weekend, so we will not have the chance to get in and see if there's enough room for the trail skills area. Based on a map I've made we should be ok, but there are still questions that need answered. I've sent HH and email asking about the other weekend days (excluding the Sierra Trip) that Area 5 is open.

Wooo! Wife is attending this one with me

Gotta break her in on the off roading

see you all Saturday!

Edit

Sadly won't be making it tomorrow. Go to take the Disco to Quick Quack to vacuum it out and my left front wheel was SCREAMING any time I made a turn. Wife definitely won't get in my car with it sounding like this. Going to attempt the repair tonight, If its done in time I'll see you all tomorrow

Oh wow, I didn't even realize the MORG was this Saturday. I am in town this coming weekend, so I want to try to make it. Are folks meeting at that gas station in San Jose near the airport?

My oil, transfer case fluid, and diff fluid will be all changed and new thanks to William in the club from BMC.

Guest Pedram

I might attend. Justin was very helpful. So thank you Justin. Few little upgrades needed before then. But I'll try to get it ready.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Just got back home.  Ulises, Antonio, and some friends in an 80-series cruiser made the trip.  Mostly a pretty tame day, though I played on some of the tires in the obstacle course and got myself stuck up there.  A quick pull and I was able to get out.  Not sure I could have actually made it over anyway in the LR3 - just not that much suspension travel, but it was fun to play and a few others had to come try after they saw me up there.

After Ulises and his friends in the 80 left Antonio and I went over to truck hill and I decided to run up the wash/ditch at the bottom but took a poor line and ended up waaaay over on my side and had to winch a couple feet to free myself.  Michele was sure I was going to flop the truck but it sat nicely on the passenger side slider.  I should have stayed hard right in that spot but too late - once I missed it I couldn't get back on the correct line. 

I also had to make a run up truck hill after a 4Runner on 33s(?) didn't make it.  He later aired down and came up as well as an '05 Grand Cherokee that was mostly stock on mild ATs.  Dusty, but pretty good grip on the hill today.

We also played a bit in the quarry and the obstacle courses old and new.  NO water in any of the usual mud pits of course. 

And we saw a 'so ugly it's cool' Toyota van out playing.  Points for unique factor!

I've got a few pics I'll try to upload later.  I think Antonio has some video as well.

Guest Pedram

Cool write up. I wish I could of went. Besides my truck would of broke right after I just got it back. Did Justin go?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Archived