Buying a Camper Trailer

Jantiz

Need a little advice. I've never owned one but I find myself wishing I had one. Sure makes camping more comfortable and I'm all about that!

But the variants are so many, where to start. I'm looking for advice here. The LR3 is quoted at pulling 7,700 lbs but of course, I would like to stay as far away from max towing capacity as posible. Bigger trailers seem very comfortable (19-23ft range) but that makes them less maneuverable and heavy. Then there are the ultra lights which give you lenght but light weight. What makes them light weight, crapy/weak building material?

The stubbies are light and easier to maneuver but cramped inside and I'd like to sleep 6 for when family comes visit. Any brand better than others? Used vs new? must have options? things to look for? slide outs? up/downs? pop out tents?etc.

I'll try and post at LRRF as well to get as wide knowledge base as possible.

Thanks for any and all advice as always!

You should check with Tony, his was/is for sale and is VERY nice. It has high clearence for off road and a nice storage platform. Griff also has one, and may be living in it since he bought his D110. Both were pulled behind D2's so you know you won't have any issues there.

• 1 year later...

Archived