New Safari Gard Bumper and Hi Country Skids on myLR3

Just thought i should post a thread about new gear available for the LR3. I have just added a new Safari Gard Bumper. It's the first production bumper, number 1.

Also added 2 skids from Hi Country, for the catalytic converter area in front of the cross member and behind the stock engine skid. Also added a transfer case skid, which butts up against the center cat skid. The cat skid is a custom job and they both work real nice as you can see by the abuse they took 2 days after install. Also all steel and you can jack the car up on these.

The Bumper also works well. Better clearance, bombproof skid, all in steel, hi-lift jack points, fits a large assortment of winches, relatively light. And very strong. anyway Safari Gard have more coming out for the LR3 soon.

Here's the pics...

Cheers

JZ

[ATTACH]1500[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1502[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1503[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1506[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1507[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1508[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1510[/ATTACH]

Baja Design HID, sort of testing them out before I commit. They are big for sure, 2 wide angle and one driving light. I'll need covers. There's a slight vibration at speed (70 mph plus) and I kinda think it's the lights catching the wind at a certain angle. it happens intermittently and occassionally. My guess is it's just some wierd wind/angle thing. i'm working on eliminating it.

I have a busted body mount in the front and am getting a knocking, like bad sway bar bushings up in the front at low speeds, over small bumps. So I am eliminating this and then having the tires rebalanced to see if that reduces the shimmy/shake from the lights. Anyway want to check all this out before i know what I'll do with the lights.

The dealership has the part on order and should have it sorted out next week. i just want to make sure they fix the other bushing issue whatever that is.

Cheers

Well i may not be correct but, the body mount is plainly visiable with the new bumper in and having cut the plastic inside the wheel well. The guys atthe dealership said that the knock can be fixed with some sort of shimmy put in place. I'll wait to see about this before i can post. Let you know how it goes. The knock happens, for example if I drive over a football field with uneven grass but not if I traverse steep rocky or anykind of hard stuff. They said the shimmy will work for this.

Apparently there is something like 13 body mounts, but no bulletin as far as I have seen nor mentioned by rover. The shim thing was mentioned to me to be some kind of a bulletin made to dealers by land rover, i think. But a shim as a solution seems kinda like a ssham, but we'll see. The dealership actually asked me if the noise was a "clunking" or a "squeeking". Apparently the bulletins actually call for 2 different solutions. fair enough but there must be a better way to diagnose a car, I would laugh, except it's my car.

Very nice SG bumper; been talking to Casey re: their bumpers particular for my RRC. Looks to be great looking products. Way to go SG.

Ron

Just thought i should post a thread about new gear available for the LR3. I have just added a new Safari Gard Bumper. It's the first production bumper, number 1.

Also added 2 skids from Hi Country, for the catalytic converter area in front of the cross member and behind the stock engine skid. Also added a transfer case skid, which butts up against the center cat skid. The cat skid is a custom job and they both work real nice as you can see by the abuse they took 2 days after install. Also all steel and you can jack the car up on these.

The Bumper also works well. Better clearance, bombproof skid, all in steel, hi-lift jack points, fits a large assortment of winches, relatively light. And very strong. anyway Safari Gard have more coming out for the LR3 soon.

Here's the pics...

Cheers

JZ

[ATTACH]1500[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1502[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1503[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1504[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1505[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1506[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1507[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1508[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1510[/ATTACH]

Yeah, they are doing some cool stuff. They have these bumpers , the same except with the fog lights in it, but i think this is still being tested to ensure it's strong enough. I like it too and it's lighter than the ARB, provides better clearance, but with the option to fit most winches in it, even the bigger ones.

Archived