What's the Plan for this year's Oregon Trip?

Gary has graciously offered to move the Blue Lakes trip date to allow us to use the second weekend without conflict. I'll be submitting the trip request and start a new thread reflecting June 26 - July 1 for the Oregon 2009 trip. Thanks all for your replies.

I may go too as long as it is not like your past trip to Oregon:D

I've added it to my calendar. Looks good, I don't see any conflicts. I have the No. Cal. Pirate Festival the weekend before and we usually don't schedule gigs on back-to-back weekends, so unless something comes up at the last minute, looks like I'm goin' to Oregon!

This may be my first trip in the DII! I'm putting it on the calendar, and right now it looks like the only thing that might trump it is my brother and sister-in-law coming into town with their new baby. July sometime, but other than that, we don't know when it will be. Probably not the very first day in July though.

By the way, where are we going?

• 3 weeks later...

Good to hear you have this trip on the radar Ben!

Just received a note from Tim (he joined our last two Oregon trip, and recent NCLR Death Valley trip); his club Portland Oregon Land Rover club is also doing the Oregon trail from July 4-11th - he wanted to know if we want to do a joint club trip if we have not finalized our trip dates.

Portland LR Club Trip Details: http://pcrc.net/Default.aspx?tabid=60&ctl=Details&Mid=401&ItemID=127&selecteddate=7/4/2009

Ron

I have no objections making this a joint trip. I don't believe a larger turnout would be detrimental with an Expedition Style trip as compared with say Deer Lakes which is a single lane two way trail.

It's hard to say, it depends on where the trip actually is. The PCRC people are very good, responsible overlanders, and they know this country well.

I can't commit to the trip 100% yet, but I'm pretty positive about it. I have a set of MD OME springs and HD OME shocks sitting in my garage right now! I was able to get a set of 16" wheels for free -- I trolled Craig's List for a few weeks looking for people who might be willing to trade the 16" wheels they had on the truck they were selling. And I've just ordered a new set of 235/85 BFG A/T's that should be here by this weekend, maybe next. So, I will have my truck lifted and ready to go in one or two weeks max!

I'm looking forward to trying it out.

Archived