Gauging Interest:Pismo Surf 'n' Turf trip Winter or spring

With Shaver Lake trip on march 6-8.what would be best for everyone before the shaver lake trip say Feb 21-23 or later on in March or April.

I ran the trails a week ago to see the time it would take.

Las Chiches trail:Is the longest due to some over the road travel with a time of 2 and half hours round trip.

Pine Mountain Road:This trail starts on the way back from Las Chiches trail . Never been able to do this trail in full due to my rover doesn't look like she will make up it with out a winch and if you mess up your falling down a cliff..Some pics of a jeep doing it http://s246.photobucket.com/albums/gg119/BruceHotAirRubi/?albumview=slideshow

Garcia ridge:This one is a fast trail with it only half mile from camp bout 40min if no spotting is needed.Will need to limit how many truck are on the trail at one time due to there are few trun outs and dead ends.

Late march or April would be best for me........

Steve

Ditto for me late March or April.

In April, Keep in mind some are planning to volunteer for the Nevada Trophy April 17-19th if all works with owner of the event (Enrique is planning this): http://www.offroadexperience.com/nvtr08info.htm

Keep it coming; we're equally excited about Pismo Surf n Turf.

• 2 months later...
trip is set march 27-29 check main page for info.Let me know if you have any questions.I also need one or two trail leaders if we have a large turnout.

Lutz I am game for being one of the trail leaders?

I am going to practice on Stair Steps a few times to get over it without a winch first .... it is scary when you are on those rocks though;)

Of course not everyone will make it and there is no byway so perhaps we should plan to turn around and head down to La Panza which incidently has a great campground.

We need to update this on the tentative trip schedule too.

Cool man was looking for someone to run that trail.I haven't done it due to not having a winch.Just let me know when u plan to prerun it im always down.La panza going to be back up campground in case hi mt is close.Check out the nclr home page have a new trail map.

Went on Las Chichas up to "Stair Steps" today and there is no way I am doing that it is serious on a scale of 11... so I turned around and went the other way and enjoyed myself with the odd puddle... we could do this section of Las Chichas but I think we should skip it and just focus on Garcia ridge (which is still closed @ the moment)

yea i didn't think anyone was going to try SS's just to much risk.i thinking will just do the Las Chichas trail then turn around and head to Garcia ridge.Garcia is going to be a fun trail with all this rain.i was up there a few weeks ago in the rain and i barely made it up the steps.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSW0EHuvbJU&feature=channel_page

Garcia Ridge and Las Chichas which includes the famous Stair Steps is the best we have in them there Pozo Hills for 4wd but if you are into dirt biking it goes on forever... but we also have the great Pozo saloon here that is over 150 years old we must visit:)

I have tried to go up Garcia Ridge but for the past 2 weeks it has been closed... SLO 4 Wheelers plans on going up next weekend or the following.

There is a bitchin MTB trail on High mtn if anyone is intersted so bring the bikes and plenty of poison oak gard:)

Lutzi lets go

yea the saloon is 4 miles from camp and on the way to Las Chicas trail.i know of Rinconada trail but I'm sure there's more.http://mountainbikeslocounty.com/?cat=19

• 2 weeks later...

Archived