Shrek

Gotrovr

Finally it looks like I'll be getting replacement doors and B pillar soon, courtesy of Cameron. Color might be a different shade of green, but green none the less. I plan on posting pics of the reconstructive surgery.

Here are a few pics before the tip over

Not sure but taking off doors was only 1 hour

I first had to beat the B pillar back out from the inside using a very heavy metal stake. rear door was first, then after a little elbow grease the front door

I have yet to ask, but was it one large rock that Shrek tipped onto? I am not all to familiar with tips or rolls, and hope to keep it that way a while longer thank you, but it seems that the doors/pillar landed on something as it is a noticable indent at a particular place.

As a former claims guy, I am still interested in the sheer physics that cause damage, and even more interested in the talent that repairs it....

I think I see the offending rock.

Not much solace, but I see that everything on the roof racks didn't move an inch. Again I continue to be amazed at the attention to detail you put into Shrek. Everything works, like it is supposed to. Fuel and water cans could have gone flying, but alas, stuck like glue.....

Oh, and paint comes and goes...pillar and panels on, paint shop if you must. Getting back out and stomping that trail, that's the moment.....

Color might be a different shade of green, but green none the less.

Adds character to Shrek; plus story to tell!

Good to hear Shrek will be getting replacement parts! Keep us posted Will!

Update....

back late last night from Lodi.... Cameron again thanks a bunch..

Doors and B pillar now ready for installation.

Now comes the build! So, just set up a camera on a tripod and leave it in the garage next to Shrek...that way you can just run over and push the shutter button, or if you are fancy, hit that remote shutter button....lots of photos sir!

• 2 weeks later...

Flat towed Shrek in to my body shop this morning. Driving my dad's truck as the tow vehicle I got a little squirly around 65mph. My Disco was like a tale wagging the dog. I freaked him out. He was following me in my Denali with the replacement parts. He phoned me on my cell and said "keep it under 55 please"

Sorry no pics yet, no time, body shop might send me a couple via email. They promised to have the replacement doors and B pillar on by luch tomorrow.

Bottom line is I want to be ready for Gold Lakes on the 15th

Shrek is now home and ready for Gold Lakes

Mucho thanks to "Body by Hank" of Watsonville

Normally they do ultra high end custom stuff, their shop was full, but somehow they were extremely accomodating on short notice. :)

Haven't seen the bill yet :eek:

Shrek is now home and ready for Gold Lakes

Mucho thanks to "Body by Hank" of Watsonville

Normally they do ultra high end custom stuff, their shop was full, but somehow they were extremely accomodating on short notice. :)

Haven't seen the bill yet :eek:

Awesome:cool::)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived