Project "SPOT" D-90 Restoration

LATEAPEX

Awesoeme project. I cover Silicon Valley from a Cash Management Sales standpoint and Tesla is one of my clients. What do you do for Tesla? Curious! At the Tech Museum right now enjoy tech-tini (strawberry martinis) - see yah! Let me know. Cheers!

Awesoeme project. I cover Silicon Valley from a Cash Management Sales standpoint and Telsa is one of my clients. What do you do for Telsa? Curious! At the Tech Museum right now enjoy tech-tini (strawberry martinis) - see yah! Let me know. Cheers!

I started in Prototype vehicles hand building the first 15 Alpha versions of our new ModelS and now I am in Chassis Engineering working in Vehicle Dynamics where we just finished our first release of a suspension package for start of production.

I started in Prototype vehicles hand building the first 15 Alpha versions of our new ModelS and now I am in Chassis Engineering working in Vehicle Dynamics where we just finished our first release of a suspension package for start of production.

Meant to type Tesla (smile). Wirelss access, typing, and Martinis don't mix well @ the San Jose Tech Museum After Hours/Happy Hour (double smile). Excellent work by the way. Model S is the fastest selling Tesla yet. Wow - huge progress and leap in technology since GM's EV1 from the 1990s. Would love to test drive one of of these days but they don't let bankers touch them (lol). Keep up the good work.

Model S for Sexy (smile). Way longer range than any other production electric car e.g. Nissan Leaf. And leave it in the dust @ 0-60 in 4.4 seconds w/a car pool sticker (smile).

http://www.teslamotors.com/sites/default/files/2012_year_of_model_s_0.jpg

Sorry; back to Land Rovers!

Meant to type Tesla (smile). Wirelss access, typing, and Martinis don't mix well @ the San Jose Tech Museum After Hours/Happy Hour (double smile). Excellent work by the way. Model S is the fastest selling Tesla yet. Wow - huge progress and leap in technology since GM's EV1 from the 1990s. Would love to test drive one of of these days but they don't let bankers touch them (lol). Keep up the good work.

Model S for Sexy (smile). Way longer range than any other production electric car e.g. Nissan Leaf. And leave it in the dust @ 0-60 in 4.4 seconds w/a car pool sticker (smile).

Sorry; back to Land Rovers!

the car is really amazing! we are all really excited for its release!

i do believe there is one on the back side of the bottom box :D

Eeew...'don't touch that [tool box] There's ..."

Let me know when the new "man Cave" is having it's open house... I'm just up the road and appreciate ALL the nostalgia in that room :-)

• 2 weeks later...
I got as far as cleaning it up, cutting out the bad spots and buying the metal to replace it...and that's about it. I figure I need about a day, possibly two to finish it up but the project has just had to get put on the back burner as I have to concentrate more on making money to survive right now...

• 3 months later...

Few small updates..

The front axle should be done by this weekend, and all that is remaining is EVERYTHING:D

Looking at the calender I noticed that the annual event is in 23 days!

I would love to make it to the annual even this year with my rig and I am going to do just about anything to make sure that this happens. If anyone is interested in supervising with a IPA in your hand in the next few weekends let me know.

If I could get it moving and stopping under its own power with a few working light bulbs I will be ecstatic and taking it!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/lateapexsti/Project-Spot/IMG_0885.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Well its been a long weekend... I am happy to announce that at 10:45PM tonight I was able to get it started. Fired on the first attempt after purging the injector lines. http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/lateapexsti/?action=view&current=IMG_0964.mp4

All that remains is to finish bolting up the fenders, hood, and replacing the "good" steering box that leaks out fluid faster than i can pour it in.

At 12:45 tonight i have officially turned the last bolt and screw to make it ready enough for the Annual event! Pending all goes well on the shake down drive in the morning, i should be heading down that way by 2-3PM

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/lateapexsti/IMG_0974.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/lateapexsti/IMG_0977.jpg

Goodnight!

Well its been a long weekend... I am happy to announce that at 10:45PM tonight I was able to get it started. Fired on the first attempt after purging the injector lines. http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a135/lateapexsti/?action=view&current=IMG_0964.mp4

All that remains is to finish bolting up the fenders, hood, and replacing the "good" steering box that leaks out fluid faster than i can pour it in.

Hey Sean, Great to meet you and the gand from Defenderville. The rigs looked great and I wish I could have stayed more and "inspected" each.... I saw the video and seems Felicia did more than organize the tools, she had the magic touch that started the truck on first crank!!

Great to meet you guys,

Tom

Hey Sean, Great to meet you and the gand from Defenderville. The rigs looked great and I wish I could have stayed more and "inspected" each.... I saw the video and seems Felicia did more than organize the tools, she had the magic touch that started the truck on first crank!!

Great to meet you guys,

Tom

Hey Tom,

It was great meeting you as well. We had a great time this weekend and so far there have been no problems with the new Rig. Hopefully we will run into you soon as we are just down the street in Los Altos, or at a upcoming event.

Felicia, Mike, Bill, and my wonderful Fiance Elizabeth made it possible for me to make it to this years event. I cannot thank them enough!

Saw your rig also Sean; but didn't get the chance to check it out; so many things going on @ the annual, Bill Burke, dinner, raffle...

Next time - hope to join you on the trail w/your D90.

Felicia, Mike, Bill, and my wonderful Fiance Elizabeth made it possible for me to make it to this years event. I cannot thank them enough!

All the good folks of "Camp Defenderville" ;-) team effort and I would love to come down and visit the shop and turn some (properly organized) wrenches... Cheers, Tom

Archived