My 99 D2

esteban

My truck started out as a x-mas present from my wife for taking skiing in tahoe. If only she had known. Always being a "car guy" I could never leave well enough alone. It has grown from bone stock truck with 18s to a trail truck with a long list of mods to come. I currently have installed 2" RTE springs w/ OME shocks, a RTE front bumper w/ a 12,000lb winch, RTE sliders, NATO wheels with 32" Mud tires amongst other things. The to-do list includes a locker rear with an ARB locker front, 4.11 gears with axles, and 34x9 tires( I like the tall skinny look.). Here's a few pics from beginning to somewhat current....

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
what happened for you to slip a liner?? overheat?

I'm assuming so, but up until the point of pulling the heads the engine ran great. No misses, stumbling, codes. Strange, but it was an excuse to get the 4.6. Now I'm really happy.:D

Steve

• 2 months later...

Today I swapped out my brake line and abs line for longer ones, disconnected both front and rear swaybars, and removed the front crossbrace. We'll see if there is any difference in off-road performance at this Sept. MORG. Oh, I installed a D1 transfer case shifter and removing the lockout solenoid. :D

Steve

Nice Steve. So many questions, but I'll only ask a few here, the rest will be at the MORG:) How do the extensions feel, are they stainless steel? What are you using to secure the sway bars? Disconnects and extensions are in my future too.

The brake lines are stainless. I got them from Rover North, a little bit more expensive than say RTE lines, but they are a complete and direct replacement with all the fittings for the factory brackets. Nice. As far as the swaybars are concerned, I just removed the links and tied the swaybars up. Removal of the swaybars is a little more complicated since I have a dysfunctional ACE system. The handling is not as great, but it rides really nice.

• 1 month later...

Archived