Adding toys to my Disco

MrVideo

I've spent a few quality days preparing and installing my new bull bar and winch.

I've documented the process, leaving out the scraped knuckles and extra nuts and bolts lying around. Really, the hardest part was mounting the winch base in place. Fortunately, 2 milk crates were the right height and held nicely. Taking my time, I measured the difference in the clearance of the wheel well with the extra weight. After driving a few miles, I noticed some slight difference in the handling. I'm saving now for new springs and shocks all around. This has to be the cheapest add on I've ever had the pleasure to install.

Winch = FREE Bull Bar = $200.00 Extra bolts = $6.00

Now I'm all ready to get stuck.

• 1 year later...
Today my son Anthony & I tackled the installation of new springs & shocks on my Disco. The wealth of knowledge I've learned from this group made me fearless in this task. While it didn't go nearly as well as planned, we got it done before dark. Amazingly, I only had to get 1 tool which I didn't have and I wished I could have others. This was a great experience to work with my son. I think he appreciated it too.

Archived