Purchase a Land Rover

rodster1915

Just signed up to this organization. Now have the time / funds to purchase a Land Rover and join a club. Need help in finding a 110 Model for the family. Live in the Merced California area. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Welcome!! What's your budget and how do intend to use it? Overlanding, preservation or off-road trails and potentially even rock crawling?

There's a club member selling a really built 109 sIIa for a fair price.

But once we know more about your interest I'm fairly confident we can all help you spend your money!

Welcome again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Being a rookie in the LR world, I'm more interested in overlanding with this unit. Like to take a month for trips to Alaska, across Canada, head up to James Bay Newfoundland, down the eastern sea board, roll on over to the beginning of the TAT trail to Oregon. Add a run down Baja next year. Fine club members that can take time off to roll together.

Will contact the names posted, thank you very much for all of your help. Blessings to all members.

" Laissez les bon temps rouler"

( Let the good times roll)

Sincerely

Rodster1915

welcome! 

well, given the distance you intend on traveling... I'd say a diesel is probably best fit. 

That said, Land Rover didn't sell any diesels in the U.S. until recently... and if diesel, it will have to be grey market vehicles... and that comes with its own set of challenges registering in CA (assume you'll want to register in CA). Alternatively, go with a gas vehicle, get some jerry can mounts and go that route. 

If you have heart set on a Land Rover/Defender.... have a look at this: https://www.defendersource.com/forum/f6/defenders-in-california-everything-you-want-to-know-59447.html

As noted, sweet talk DMV has worked for some, incl. folks in the club,... but that's a gamble and risks associated is noted in post.  

Archived