Land Rover Experience Needs Test Students

Hi everyone! On Wednesday, I completed the first half of training to become a Land Rover Experience Instructor at the Carmel, CA location. The last half of training is this Sunday - Wednesday. Starting Monday, we are getting into lesson run throughs and Justin Demayo (who runs the center) is looking for test students. You get a free one hour class, driving a school vehicle, with myself (or one of the other two trainees) in the passenger seat and a current LRE Instructor in the back evaluating the lesson.

This training only happens once every few years so it's a unique opportunity if you're available.

If you're interested or would like more info, you can email Justin here.

jdemayo@jaguarlandrover.com 

Thanks!

Yesterday I completed the training at LRE and passed with flying colors!!! My evaluation was book ended with NCLR Club members which was really cool. Serge was my first student, and Chris was my first standalone (no Instructor in the back) Wed afternoon. I was the only trainee to get to take a guest out as a standalone too!

Just because the training is over doesn't mean that there isn't still work to do. My next task is to get more familiar with the AWD vehicles at the school; Range Rover Evoque, Range Rover Velar, and Discovery Sport. I also need more time to learn the trail system out there so I can select appropriate trails based on what the guest is looking for/most comfortable with, and based on time. I still need to practice my one hour lesson, and will probably soon start a 2 hour lesson format since there aren't many one hour lessons booked at the school. Oh, there is also a Range Rover with the TD6. So if you want to drive a diesel, maybe that can entice you to make the drive down to Carmel ;)

With that in mind, I'd like to see who is interested in coming down for a few hours (or more) on a weekend day. That's the only time I really have available since I'm still working the Mon-Fri job. For now, these would be on my own time, so the schedule just needs to be confirmed with Justin for vehicle availability. This Sunday will be my first day off in two weeks, so I'll need a few weeks to catch up on other work (Team Hunt Adventure trip planning, WNLRR CT Skills planning). But if you're interested, reply here or send me a PM, and we can start working on dates that might work.

Thanks everyone!!!

Ok, you got me on "Range Rover TD6.  So if you want to drive a diesel..."

Need not say more.  Not this weekend.  Perhaps subsequent.  PM me or post your avail wknds to do this and then I can come down to Carmel.

Congrats by the way.  Uber (over, beyond) excited for you Brenton!

• 2 weeks later...

Last Saturday was my first official day working at LRE. There was a great motorcycle show out on the greens, and we were having free 10 minute test drives on a short loop on the trail. Sunday was my personal day to get familiar with more of the vehicles (the RR Velar this time) and the trails. Some of you may remember Mark (GriffSC) who had the D110, and G4 D2 before that. He was a last minute test student along with his friend Micha. She used to own Antonio's blue RRC. We went out for a 2 hour experience and they had a great time!

My next trip down will be the weekend of May 26 & 27. My personal day is Saturday, the 26th. I can fit x2, two hour lessons that day (morning and afternoon). If anyone wants to come down just let me know. I'll probably get there around 9am this time. Last Saturday it was 7am, leaving SF at 5am. Sheesh! 

Sunday, the 27th is the quarterly Owner's Day, so I will be unavailable to take test students out.

Archived