CHP Inspection

SplurGn

Hello! As I begin to prep my D90 for the CHP Vehicle Inspection, I am wondering, does everyone know what it all entails?

I am currently working on all my lights, and blinkers, making sure everything is working properly.

Do you know if I need to replace my Km speedometer to a mph speedometer? Any insight/ tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

I did the inspection earlier this year but as it was a US truck I didn't worry about any of those things.  The one thing I had to deal with was that they need two VINs and on my truck the suspension mods covered up the chassis stamp they were looking for.

So far as I know they are really only looking at the VIN.  

I tried to do it at AAA first and all they checked was VIN, but since they couldn't find a second one they sent me to the DMV.  Same thing there, so they sent me to the CHP who required an appointment with a several week lead time.  

I did the inspection earlier this year but as it was a US truck I didn't worry about any of those things.  The one thing I had to deal with was that they need two VINs and on my truck the suspension mods covered up the chassis stamp they were looking for.

So far as I know they are really only looking at the VIN.  

I tried to do it at AAA first and all they checked was VIN, but since they couldn't find a second one they sent me to the DMV.  Same thing there, so they sent me to the CHP who required an appointment with a several week lead time.

Thank you Don...

Yo dude,

Are you getting a CARB sticker? Was this car registered for another year at least in another state? If you walk into a DMV and they will notice its an import having one less VIN digit than they expect, they will take a long hard look at the obviously strange car, they will ask you for the emissions sticker for CARB,  they will flag your VIN and you won't be able to get it registered. If they notice its imported they will basically cost you a lot of money... 

Yo dude,

Are you getting a CARB sticker? Was this car registered for another year at least in another state? If you walk into a DMV and they will notice its an import having one less VIN digit than they expect, they will take a long hard look at the obviously strange car, they will ask you for the emissions sticker for CARB,  they will flag your VIN and you won't be able to get it registered. If they notice its imported they will basically cost you a lot of money... 

SpluGn to confirm.. but I believe he's already done the DMV visit. 

Archived