Your Help Is Needed

DiscoChef

Fellow NCLR enthusiasts, I’m reaching out you on behalf of the people of Chiapas, Mexico, my home state. as you already know, Mexico has been hit by major earthquakes in the last few weeks and it continues to shake everyday since. The damage is so great that help for many of the victims is practically nonexistent and some are living under trees because they have lost everything!

In the past, with the help of Ron Boston and many others in this wonderful community, we have been able to help victims of other natural disasters i.e. Hurricane relief for the Phillipines in 2013, San Francisco de la Sierra Baja California, Mexico in 2014, small village in Baja in 2016 and so on. 

This year, the natural disasters seem endless…wild fires, hurricanes, flooding, earthquakes and the list goes on, and of course, we are bombarded with people/organizations asking for help (all with good intentions) and I add myself to that list. I ask you to donate any amount you can and together with a fundraiser that I will be having at my restaurant in San Ramon (Mexxi’s) on October 28 I will send the monies generated to Doctor Gladys Garcia and architect Andres Vargas. Two friends of mine who have generously donated their time to go to a small village that has been forgotten/neglected by the local government and help them rebuild their home. 

I will set up a collection box at the Annual Gathering of the Members this weekend and any contribution you can make, will be greatly appreciated!

My heartfelt gratitude

DiscoChef

Thank you Enrique for being a way for us to give directly. Prayers for your family and all those impacted.

Thanks Mike!  Fortunately, my family and friends were not affected. Yes, giving directly will make a huge difference to a small group of people.

The idea is to buy some bricks, roofing materials and cement so they may rebuild their homes.

Archived