I love my NCLR Sweatshirt!!!!

After seeing quite a few NCLR Club sweatshirts Saturday made me feel a bit empty ~ Can someone make a motion at the upcoming meeting to fill the void and make more sweatshirts available for the rest of the club to buy?

Saturday, I'm working the return of professional soccer back to the Bay Area. Go Earthquakes Rev. 3.0

Thanks, Jim

Saturday, I'm working the return of professional soccer back to the Bay Area. Go Earthquakes Rev. 3.0

Thanks, Jim

Really? Cool! Back in '93 I was asked to join a semi-pro team. I kick myself (no pun intended) for not doing it, especially since football (;)) has come such a long way in the states the past decade or so.

Instead he decided to go covert and be a LR guy....

I was surprised how warm the sweatshirts are! Bunch of us wearing them at MORG...I could see a zipper front one sometime though, I would wear it more if I could unzip to cool off...

• 7 months later...

Work got in the way last week and was working on the rental (fence needed repair). Would have been great to have made it to Ellis Peak with Gary (PCrover), Mike (Monty),and others as tentatively planned. Oh well, next time.

Well tomorrow is next time. Last min decision; was going to Vegas to take the kids/wife to see my mother, but my mother caught the flu bug. No go on Vegas.

Gotta somewhere now; too late for Baja with Chuck and Eric.

Next best is S. Lake Tahoe; my wife and the boys want to see snow; plus we have 2 more nights left w/our timeshare before points exp this year.

While up there, depending on what the family may want to do; might hit Ellis Peak again (no Rubicon this time espcially if I am going in a solo vehicle and no prop equipped D2).

Anyways, DII is packed; changed oil & filter and air filter this afternoon; swapped for more aggressive tires to deal with the snow, SPOT programmed, and kids packed. Will get some snooze and leave early morning.

I know it's last minute, but if you are going to be in S. Lake Tahoe area and want to hit Ellis Peak - pm me with your cell and I will check before leaving tomorrow a.m. and call you when I get to Tahoe.

Good Night!

post-7-142414629155_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629158_thumb.jpg

post-7-14241462916_thumb.jpg

I80 is clear

I50 has contructions and maybe have restrictions; here's what http://www.dot.ca.gov/ has to say:

US 50

[iN THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA AREA]

THE EASTBOUND & WESTBOUND CONNECTORS TO NORTHBOUND & SOUTHBOUND SR 49 /IN PLACERVILLE/ (EL DORADO CO) ARE CLOSED FROM 2000 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0900 HRS EACH MORNING 7 DAYS A WEEK THRU 11/23/08 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - DETOURS ARE AVAILABLE

IS CLOSED FROM RAY LAWYER ST TO CLAY ST /IN PLACERVILLE/ (EL DORADO CO) FROM 2100 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0700 HRS EACH MORNING MONDAY THRU FRIDAY & FROM 2000 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0900 HRS EACH MORNING SATURDAY THRU SUNDAY THRU 11/26/08 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

IS CLOSED AT CANAL ST /IN PLACERVILLE/ (EL DORADO CO) FROM 2100 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0700 HRS EACH MORNING MONDAY THRU FRIDAY & FROM 2000 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0900 HRS EACH MORNING SATURDAY THRU SUNDAY THRU 11/26/08 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

IS CLOSED AT BEDFORD AVE /IN PLACERVILLE/ (EL DORADO CO) FROM 2100 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0700 HRS EACH MORNING MONDAY THRU FRIDAY & FROM 2000 HRS EACH NIGHT TO 0900 HRS EACH MORNING SATURDAY THRU SUNDAY THRU 11/26/08 - DUE TO CONSTRUCTION - A DETOUR IS AVAILABLE

Anyone familiar with I50; I have to look at the map. Anyone familar with I50 in the Placerville area, and can tell me where the streets mentioned above relative to I50? Thanks in advance.

I will be coming from the North Berkeley Area I80 tomorrow.

Hey Steven, got back safely from Lake Tahoe last night. Thanks for the well wishes. Also I just picked my voice messages, receivd your msg; will call you later re: the LT230 and Traffic Gauge. Talk to you soon.

Re: Lake Tahoe, the weather was great. Sunny, warm and hardly any crowd. Also hardly any snow - only patches at higher elevation.

Spent all morning in S. Lake Tahoe parks after breakfast; check out this huge Old Man Emu springs we found (pic 1) :D;

Then drove up Hwy 89N, passing Emerald Bay (pic 3); for lunch we stopped at Tehama Market and Deli, grabbed our sandwich for lunch on the trail (huge sandwiches; you can get regular or half) - went with regular roast beef sandwich that feed all four of us (me, wife, and two lil boys)) (pic 4).

Not much snow on the trail; we stopped at Miller Lake; the wind kicked in real hard in the late afternoon plus we wanted to get back before dark - my wife was getting worried; we turned around; didn't make it to Ellis Peak. Nex time.

Spent the the rest of the evening at Harrah's for dinner buffet, and took the kids @ their arcade after - Kids had a blast both at the buffet (tons of dessert to choose from) and arcade.

After breakfast on Sunday, we took a lil hike, went back to the timeshare condo, took a lil nap, and after late check-out, we drove home leisurely!

Next time it will be a wheeling trip and also see if someone can find the Cache I left behind (pic 10) - more details on this later! :)

post-7-142414629186_thumb.jpg

post-7-14241462919_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629193_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629197_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629217_thumb.jpg

post-7-14241462922_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629224_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629226_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629229_thumb.jpg

post-7-142414629231_thumb.jpg

Archived