Roadside help near Truckee

gurka

Something caused our fan blades to break up and it then dislodged the coolant hose and all the coolant got out while driving up to WRL meetup.

We're waiting for a tow to Truckee where I hope to leave truck at some shop tonight.

1 - any recommendations on a shop to leave it at I. Truckee or should I head to Sacramento instead? If so, what shop?

2 - I will need a fan from a 99-2004 D2 or a 99-2002 Range Rover - any of those will fit my 2000 D2 I'm told. Any idea where I can get one tonight or tomorrow morning ?

If I can't solve this tomorrow I will leave truck at a shop up in this area - Truckee or Sacramento and rent a 1-way back to San Francisco with my two teenagers and all our gear and deal with truck remotely and pick it up another day.

Thanks and if anyone can help in any way I'm reachable at 415.592.4362

daniel

f988cc6233d5466366d73db9e269a61e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something caused our fan blades to break up and it then dislodged the coolant hose and all the coolant got out while driving up to WRL meetup.

We're waiting for a tow to Truckee where I hope to leave truck at some shop tonight.

1 - any recommendations on a shop to leave it at I. Truckee or should I head to Sacramento instead? If so, what shop?

2 - I will need a fan from a 99-2004 D2 or a 99-2002 Range Rover - any of those will fit my 2000 D2 I'm told. Any idea where I can get one tonight or tomorrow morning ?

If I can't solve this tomorrow I will leave truck at a shop up in this area - Truckee or Sacramento and rent a 1-way back to San Francisco with my two teenagers and all our gear and deal with truck remotely and pick it up another day.

Thanks and if anyone can help in any way I'm reachable at 415.592.4362

daniel

f988cc6233d5466366d73db9e269a61e.jpg

Looks like either the viscous fan unit let go and the fan and shroud destroyed each-other, or the shroud fell into the fan.

RoverWare has the hose set in stock, and there is probably a fan shroud around here somewhere, and I have a parts car in the driveway (been trying to get rid of it whole, but nobody wants it) so .....

Regards,

Graeme

I spoke with you guys a bit via radio on your way in - was Gurka with you?  Hope you all made it in!

Sorry we didn't come back saturday night.  About the time we rolled into WRL on the trip Michele sorta let it slip she'd REALLY like to head home on Saturday instead of Sunday so she could have a whole day at home before leaving at 4AM Monday for a week long work trip.  Given she had been playing nice so far I relented and we came straight home after doing the Cabella's run.  Story on that to follow in the WRL thread :)

Archived