Shout out to Exclusive British European in Campbell, CA

erinw.rrc

I want to give a shout out to John over at British European in Campbell.  We've been taking our Classic here pretty much from Day 1, and now I take my Disco 4 here since she's out of warranty.  Recently my brakes starting squeaking (I knew it was coming up time to have them replaced) so I dropped her off Sunday night for late night drop off.  Turns out my front brakes were down to 2%!  Ouch. 

It also turns out that the ticking noise that I've been experiencing over the last year was NOT the wheel studs as Land Rover San Jose suggested but instead my front control arms!  The rubber bushings were completely worn on the drivers side and it was causing the clicking!  Not only that but, my transmission also needed a good flush and a new filter as the fluid was brown... not quite black yet, but I figured get it done while I'm in the shop.

They never suggest any unnecessary services and they are competitive on their pricing.  They offer 10% off labor on your first visit and their service is sure to make you a returning customer!  Thanks John!  It's a rover... so I know we'll be back.  ;)

If you're in the South Bay, I highly recommend British European for all of your rover needs!

How many miles do you have on it now?  Front control arm bushings are very common and most figure about 60-70K on them is good.  The trans is a big job since you have to drop a crossmember to get the pan off, and you have to replace the pan because the filter is built into it.  (brilliant design)  LR does't recommend service until 100K if at all but ZF says 75K I think.  In this case I'd take the ZF recommendation since they make the transmission.

Archived