September 17: Hollister Hills SVRA

Met up with Nick and we hit the trails. Things were going good till I got 2 amigos (TC and ABS) and then stuck in a rut with no traction. Fortunately two guys in a truck and FJ were able to help get me out of the rut and I headed down to flat ground to clear the 2 amigos. Not sure why only 2 this time. Anyway it was fun and it was nice to see Nick in his 110 and Mike in his DII.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/1be614919fff0d6f1d40929906fe2d81.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160917/f35e9d2f069bd2799f6f3aaa78fe2590.jpg

We weren't completely without issue. I had some issues with overheating and had to stop and let the truck cool.

And Mike had to get the assistance of a Unimog to pull him out. I tried several times with the 110 and just couldn't get him, unfortunately. Unimog had no issues, of course.

All in all, though, a great day!

Agreed, it was a good day! Just the right amount of adversity to overcome.

Thanks to Nick for sticking around to help us get unstuck in true roverer form.

I thought I exploded a diff but it seems to be the drivers side CV. I'm not sure exactly which part yet but if someone has the entire assembly, I'd very much like to buy it. I need to fix it before the members appreciation event!

Also, Smittybuilt X2O winches are poop...

http://www.lunarbomb.com/4X4/D2STUCK.jpg

I thought I exploded a diff but it seems to be the drivers side CV. I'm not sure exactly which part yet but if someone has the entire assembly, I'd very much like to buy it. I need to fix it before the members appreciation event!

Also, Smittybuilt X2O winches are poop...

RoverWare.US has Ashcroft sets in stock for the D2 (and D1/RRC/Defender for that matter).  We can do good deals at the moment, thanks to the Brexit vote.  Probably do you -15%, but I'll have to check, if you're interested.

And agree on the Shittybuilt winches.  They are just like Superwinch's low end offerings.  Worth paying a few $$ more in the long run.

Regards,

Graeme

Guessing you don't have anything for me??

I've been looking at wheel bushings and actually one forum post I came across said it could also be the front drive shaft. Ugh. Maybe we'll see some more posts from me.

Alyson,

We can order them (fronts) at $364 for OEM (with Timken bearing) or Bearmach for $107, but we don't stock them.  There are copies available for around $80, but I hear they are dubious quality.  Fairly easy job to fit them, as it is a complete assembly.

I've been meaning to work out a way to replace just the bearing, but still haven't got to that yet.  If it was easy, I'm sure someone would have worked that out by now too.

Regards,

Graeme

RoverWare.US has Ashcroft sets in stock for the D2 (and D1/RRC/Defender for that matter).  We can do good deals at the moment, thanks to the Brexit vote.  Probably do you -15%, but I'll have to check, if you're interested.

I know that's the right thing to do but then I'd have no choice but to get lockers too... it's a downward $piral!

I know that's the right thing to do but then I'd have no choice but to get lockers too... it's a downward $piral!

Did I mention that RoverWare.US has lockers (and built-up final drive units) in stock too? ... and can probably do a good deal on those too at the moment.

Regards,

Graeme

Did I mention that RoverWare.US has lockers (and built-up final drive units) in stock too? ... and can probably do a good deal on those too at the moment.

Regards,

Graeme

Okay... I've definitely sparked my interest, prices Graeme?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived