Sweatshirts?

esteban

Just curious when they're going to ship.......

Steve

Yes, im sorry fellas.. I was waiting for the printers to give me the final box containing the kids sweatshirts. We are completely ready to go now. I'm gonna go by the postal office on Saturday to get a stack of boxes and should have them out to everyone next week..

I want the hooded sweatshirt with the front zipper and wool-like lining on the inside. I should have ordered a 2XL of our current sweatshirt, but the slightly smaller size works well to not get caught up while working on the truck. The zipper front is the style I'd like to have for everyday use and show off the club to people;)

Yes, im sorry fellas.. I was waiting for the printers to give me the final box containing the kids sweatshirts. We are completely ready to go now. I'm gonna go by the postal office on Saturday to get a stack of boxes and should have them out to everyone next week..

Thank you Tony for doing all of this. While I can't seem to manage even starting a Napa trip thread, you are able to order, distribute, pack and ship all of this. Good on you, man!

• 5 months later...

I figured I'd start a new tread where I can ask my Disco-newbie questions as I come accross things I can't figure out with the new D2 and hope the Disco experts amongst us can help out.

How do I change the A/C readout from C to F?

What is the largest diameter tire I can change the 255/55/18 for without a lift? 30.5, 31.5?

Do I have to take it back to the dealer to program the doors locking automatically when I start to drive or is there a shortcut somewhere?

And the biggie for now:

My LR3 of course has CDL but since it engages with no driver input what so ever, I may have missed the finner points of when to use it and what the technical advantages for using it are. Any real life advice on that one?

Temperature conversion (°F - °C)

The temperature displays can be converted to

or from Fahrenheit and Centigrade, as follows:

•Press and hold the air recirculation button.

•At the same time, press and hold the on/off

button for 3 seconds.

•A ‘bleep’ will sound to indicate that the

conversion has taken place.

Tires

Largest tire without rubbing is 245/75 (30.5), and what I run (but in 16").

Door Locks

Mine don't auto lock when driving either. I think the Testbook is needed for that. Cerrone's might be able to do that cheaper than the stealership.

CDL

The CDL splits the torque 50/50 front and rear. If the CDL is not locked and a wheel has lost traction all of the power will go to that one wheel and spin. When the CDL is locked and a wheel spins (say the rear right), the front wheels will still get the other 50% of the torque and hopefully have enough traction to pull you out. When you have two wheels spinning (one up front and one at the rear) you will most likely become stuck. At that point you would need locking diffs (ARB air lockers, Detroits, etc.) to deliver equal power to each wheel on the same axle.

Only lock the CDL off road!!!

The reason LR dropped the CDL on the D2's was due to the addition of TC. It was supposed to take the place of the CDL. The problem with TC is that the wheel must be spinning for it to engage, which can be too late. Some people love the CDL w/ TC, some don't. I haven't had enough experience to say one way or the other. I lock my CDL at the start of a trail and unlock at the end of the day (before hitting the pavement). The brakes can get super hot if the TC is always kicking in on the trail and that might give you reduced performance on the way home on the highway.

Hopefully others will chime in with their thoughts on this subject too as I'm still learning about what works best.

My experience with the CDL on the '04 is that it is great and I'm glad they brought it back. I generally only use the CDL on the trail when needed. "When needed" I define as any time the TC is cycling often; then I lock the CDL and the TC quiets down. On hard pack dirt trails, I often unlock the CDL to avoid windup in the drivetrain. When descending steep grades CDL is a must.

Also make sure you engage CDL only when all four wheels have traction. The CDL can be engaged at speeds up to about 50 mph if all four wheels have traction and you are going in a straight line (e.g. graded gravel road or snow packed highway).

To see the difference I ran the steps at Hollister with and without CDL engaged. With the CDL engaged the truck walked right up, very gracefully. With the CDl disengaged, the TC still got me up the steps but with a lot more wheel spin and fuss.

Brenton mentioned the cross axle situation. With the CDL locked you can still get hung up when one front tire and the opposite rear tire lose traction. The TC will often get you out of this but you have to give it enough wheel spin so that it activates. It's a case of being patient with it.

You'll find that the TC on the '04 is not as effective as on your LR3 but after you get used to it, it will help you out a lot.

My $0.02..

Next questions. Sorry about the break between them but I come up with them as I find new stuff on the Disco:

1. Is an 04 with 42k still under factory warranty?

2. The cruise control seems to be very agressive at keeping the speed, so much so that it turns into a harsh speed up-slow down back and forth. Is that normal on the Disco?

More questions as my wife lets me drive it :cool:

BTW, Friday morning will find us at Cerrones for a complete look over.

Next questions. Sorry about the break between them but I come up with them as I find new stuff on the Disco:

1. Is an 04 with 42k still under factory warranty?

2. The cruise control seems to be very agressive at keeping the speed, so much so that it turns into a harsh speed up-slow down back and forth. Is that normal on the Disco?

More questions as my wife lets me drive it :cool:

BTW, Friday morning will find us at Cerrones for a complete look over.

My cruise does the same thing, that's why I don't use it. The warranty? Maybe someone else can answer that one.

Steve

Called the service dept at Walnut Creek and they ran the vin. It was out of warranty as of march this year. However, I was able to find out that the vehicle was owned by a local who had all services and maintenance work done there at Walnut Creek. The tech was able to tell me that other than some very minor repair work, it appears to have been a very reliable vehicle. Which only means that it waited until I bought it to start to break down :o:eek: I'm sure I'll have to change the front drive shaft as Brenton suggested but otherwise, it really runs and looks cream... knock on wood a million times! :eek:

On the cruise control, mine surges pretty bad when I first turn it on and set it. But after a few minutes it seems to quiet down and track the set speed pretty well without much surging. In fact I can set it and unset it and it does pretty well after that initial "warmup". But if you turn it off (dashboard switch) then it has to get happy all over again. I haven't figured out how it works to explain this any better. :D

Called the service dept at Walnut Creek and they ran the vin. It was out of warranty as of march this year. However, I was able to find out that the vehicle was owned by a local who had all services and maintenance work done there at Walnut Creek. The tech was able to tell me that other than some very minor repair work, it appears to have been a very reliable vehicle. Which only means that it waited until I bought it to start to break down :o:eek: I'm sure I'll have to change the front drive shaft as Brenton suggested but otherwise, it really runs and looks cream... knock on wood a million times! :eek:

Don't bother changing your driveshaft, just rebuild/have it rebuilt with greaseable u-joints. That's the problem with them is that the cats cook the u-joints in the double cardan, and you can't service them. It'll be way cheaper than buying a new one.

Steve

Archived