Ex-MoD Defender 110 in San Jose... funny story.

lithium1330

So, girlfriend sent me 2 texts this evening in rapid successions,... and before I had a chance to read one of them... phone rings with her calling to excitedly tell me she spotted a really cool Land Rover at the gas station near SJC. 

I'm thinking, ok... probably a RR Sport, tinted windows, black wheels, etc, or maybe a lifted Disco on 33"'s. 

She proceeded to tell me how she chatted with the owner, and how she sent me and the owner a text to connect us for off-roading (yes, guys just love it when their SO tries to arrange play dates ;) ). 

Then, she was like... I think his truck is really cool... giggles... maybe cooler than yours - it's military.

I'm now thinking, ok... it's a older Defender, so... maybe it's Nick's 110? 

I look at one of the text, and it was a picture of a 110, but not Nick's... 

Anyway, I read the other text she sent to me and the owner, Evan making the intro. 

I sent him a link to NorCalRovers.... So, hopefully he'll hop on here and introduce himself.

And Evan, if you're here, apologies if my gf was a bit chatty.  :)

Anyways, attached is the pic of Ex-MoD D110 diesel. Pretty cool!  

post-999-0-68365000-1472273268_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Yes, that was me. It's what I drive every day when I don't have things taken apart or waiting on parts.

I get so excited when I see it!  Always wanted to say hi, but we are never stopped anywhere together at the same time.

Welcome to NCLR, Evan! 

Glad to see you on here. I think I've seen your truck a couple more times near the downtown area... 

Hope you got the drop arm issue fixed... and we'll get to see your 110 at one of the gathering soon!

Yes, the drop arm came right off with no problem, making the replacement of the steering ball joint fairly simple.

Now I'm on to replacing the shocks and steering damper.

Archived