MET on March 13

Excellent trip - much better snow than last time up.  

It rained the whole drive up and until we got to around 5000' then it turned to snow.  From there on up it was fresh powder the whole way.  We made it as far up the mountain as anybody judging from tire tracks.  On the way back down we ran into quite a bit of traffic but no problems.  We did get to visit with a crazy Explorer on 40s and a 5-ton military 6x6 on 53s that the owner was planning to turn into an expo type rig by mounting a 20' travel trailer on the back.  At least once he managed to jack the trailer up high enough to get the truck under it.

This was a great trip. I do have to say I was a little nervous heading up. The rain was Torrential. Once we hit snow it just calmed my mood. It was so nice. Thank you Don and Nick for your recovery expertise. I was proper stuck there for a while. Grayson had a blast playing in the snow with Brooklyn. My friend Dave in the Jeep says thank you to everyone as well and had a great time. Towards the end we ran into a lot of people. All the different vehicles kind of reminded me of being at Pismo. Anyway here are some pics. 

As requested by Don

IMG_8858-M.jpg

IMG_9188-M.jpg

IMG_8661-M.jpg

IMG_9216-M.jpg

IMG_8686-M.jpg

IMG_8705-M.jpg

IMG_8712-M.jpg

IMG_8830-M.jpg

IMG_8829-M.jpg

Archived