Shaver Lake Swap Meet 02/15-17

LandRonB

Ok, we have the NCLR snow run next weekend at Shaver Lake!

Final details on head count on, caravan, potluck, firewood, last min things to consider/check list coming (works just gets in the way) and will post when I find time Sunday.

There are several buy/sell/trade (Swap Meet) taking place also; thought I post the details here; see if there are buy/sell/trade interest.

Let me start:

- I'm trading my spare D1 Brake Light Switch = David (DCproven) spare headlight replacement

- Buy Rovertech18's (Brandon) set of floor mats for D2

- Pickup a set of floor mats for D2 for lobopac (Travis) from Brandon

I have for sale the following for sale:

- 1 spare driver side (shorter shaft) rear axle half shaft off from my 98 D1; 24 spline = $25

- 1 paper air filter for D1 (I switched to K&N for on-road and use paper for dusty trails) = $1

- "Cable" chains fits 265/75/16 (I recently upgraded to V shaped snow chains for Shaver Lake) = $50

- 2x Hella H4 (brighter) bulb replacement for D1s = $10 for both

- 2x Thule locking cylinder w/2 set of kyeys = $15 for both

- Spare blank rear wheel tire cover fits 225-245s tires = $20

- Complete paint kit (gloss black) - need your own sprayer or provide as supply to your paint shop = $50

Can bring em to Shaver Lake!

- "Cable" chains fits 265/75/16 (I recently upgraded to V shaped snow chains for Shaver Lake) = $50

Ron, is that for a single set, or two sets? I'm desperately looking for chains, but I can't spend $200...not even close.

It's pretty shady of me asking this, but can I pay you $20 to use the chains for the weekend, just so I have some chains? I can't find any around anywhere that are 265/75-16, and I rather give you the money then Walmart or some place.

No worries; hats off to folks like you in College!

It's one set or 2 cable chains (ideal for the fronts)

No worries; you can use them for $20; only because they are new and onced used, harder to sell.

And how about this, if you like them after this trip, you can have them for another $20.

That way you have a set next season - throw them in the back for legal reasons.

I bought them for $89 new/never been used.

Let me know if interested still.

C yah!

Ron, is that for a single set, or two sets? I'm desperately looking for chains, but I can't spend $200...not even close.

It's pretty shady of me asking this, but can I pay you $20 to use the chains for the weekend, just so I have some chains? I can't find any around anywhere that are 265/75-16, and I rather give you the money then Walmart or some place.

No worries; hats off to folks like you in College!

It's one set or 2 cable chains (ideal for the fronts)

No worries; you can use them for $20; only because they are new and onced used, harder to sell.

And how about this, if you like them after this trip, you can have them for another $20.

That way you have a set next season - throw them in the back for legal reasons.

I bought them for $89 new/never been used.

Let me know if interested still.

C yah!

Thanks Ron,

I'll run around the area this week and see if I can find a decent set of chains...try to price them out. If I can get a cheap set, then I'll go for that and I'll let you know. I don't want to have to use your chains if I can avoid it, and I'd like to have chain chains vs. cable type if possible.

Archived