Wrenching day @ British Recyclers, 5-30

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don,

I plan on attending for a bit.  I will have that D1 my buddies dad is selling.  He needs a few things tuned up.  I don't have a giant torque wrench but is there any other tools you think we might need?  I will have my normal box of goodies. 

On a side note, are you guys getting together this Thursday? 

Yes on Thursday @ Kiltpub.  Michele should be there with me as well this time unless something blows up in her schedule in the next 2 days.

It will be interesting to take a look at the D1.  I know I shouldn't, but if you catch me at a weak moment with a couple bucks in my pocket you never know what will happen.

Speaking of Kiltpub and torque wrenches - Nick, suppose you could bring yours along on Thursday?  

Yes on Thursday @ Kiltpub.  Michele should be there with me as well this time unless something blows up in her schedule in the next 2 days.

It will be interesting to take a look at the D1.  I know I shouldn't, but if you catch me at a weak moment with a couple bucks in my pocket you never know what will happen.

Speaking of Kiltpub and torque wrenches - Nick, suppose you could bring yours along on Thursday?  

sure thing.  need anything else?

Guest Pedram

You can use am ohm meter to find a drain. I found a bad alternator did that once on Antonio's Rover. I have a snap on torque wrench like Nick if that helps.

I can't make this. My rover is broken due to Michal barrowing it. It's not drivable. And I was hoping to drop it off at Colin's shop to get the heads replaced but that's going to have to wait.

Justin, bump.

Hey Stranger!

Bring them here, I'll put them aside. I actually have my P38 sold at 4400 (Couldn't turn that down) 

Figured to keep them on the side for the next one possibly bought, plus the guy isn't going to use it for any off roading

You can use am ohm meter to find a drain. I found a bad alternator did that once on Antonio's Rover. I have a snap on torque wrench like Nick if that helps.

I can't make this. My rover is broken due to Michal barrowing it. It's not drivable. And I was hoping to drop it off at Colin's shop to get the heads replaced but that's going to have to wait.

Michal:  "Where is the stupid Terrain Response button on this thing?"

All right see you guys at the wrenching day. I will be there early Don, let me know by what time you plan to be there.

Oh man -- are we doing Don's front bushings *and* a whole set on Anudeep's LR3?  Guess I'd better bring the tent... it's going to be a long night...  ;)

Oh man -- are we doing Don's front bushings *and* a whole set on Anudeep's LR3?  Guess I'd better bring the tent... it's going to be a long night...  ;)

Lol yeah, I told my wife not to expect to see me from 8am - 8pm

Should be fun fun

I know I said no to pizza, although any suggestions on food items? 

Lol yeah, I told my wife not to expect to see me from 8am - 8pm

Should be fun fun

I know I said no to pizza, although any suggestions on food items? 

I can bring some beers and spicy indian food (chicken and rotis, also some veg curry for Jared and Erin if interested)

No pizza?

NO PIZZA??

What?!?!

I'll try to get up there about 8:00 to get an early start.  Mine shouldn't be anywhere near as bad as doing the rear.   Access is a bit easier, plus I've already done the struts, so just the bushings for me. 

Don't worry Jared, mine is a straight remove old and replace with new control arms and sway bar bushings. No pressing old bushes and putting new poly like Don so it will be easy.

Hard part would be if the bolts get stuck then have to  cut the old ones. But since its a California car all its life it might not be needed fingers crossed, touch wood  :)  ;) .

I can bring some beers and spicy indian food (chicken and rotis, also some veg curry for Jared and Erin if interested)

Sounds good to me .... but I've never had beer and curry for breakfast .... but I'm open to try most things ....

Graeme

Don't worry Jared, mine is a straight remove old and replace with new control arms and sway bar bushings. No pressing old bushes and putting new poly like Don so it will be easy.

Hard part would be if the bolts get stuck then have to  cut the old ones. But since its a California car all its life it might not be needed fingers crossed, touch wood  :)  ;) .

Don't forget to wash it and then when dry spray each nut/bolt with penetrating fluid of your choice ...

Graeme

Hey Stranger!

Bring them here, I'll put them aside. I actually have my P38 sold at 4400 (Couldn't turn that down) 

Figured to keep them on the side for the next one possibly bought, plus the guy isn't going to use it for any off roading

You've got it - See you Saturday.

Sounds good to me .... but I've never had beer and curry for breakfast .... but I'm open to try most things ....

Graeme

Really Graeme, never - Aloo Matar, Chicken Tikka Jalfrezi with pilaf rice and cucumber raita and a few Boddies to wash it down; the breakfast of champions

Graeme

Graeme, Really? No curry and beer before noon? How bout a vindaloo and a pint of the black stuff?

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/003/866/nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

South Bay Caravan to British Recyclers

Hi all --

Erin & I will be starting from the Newhall Chevron / Starbucks in San Jose [Map], across from Avaya Stadium at 6:00-6:15AM. We will gas up, get a bite to eat and be ready to roll by 6:30AM with a goal to reach British Recyclers at 8:30AM.

We will be listening on 146.460MHz.

See you all at British Recyclers -- and thanks to Justin once again for hosting the club at his shop (WHICH IS FULL OF LAND ROVERS TO BUY PARTS OFF OF. subtle plug)

newhall.png

to_br_via_84.png

Archived