Jantiz

Just saying hello. Excited to be part of a well recommended club. I drive an 06 LR3 HSE with rear lockers still stock except for 265/60/18 Silent Armors. Just looking at the pictures from other posts seems like most members have some sweetly moded rides so not sure how many of the sanctioned trips accomodate for the newer models close to stock.

At any rate, if anyone here drops by the Landroverforums.com once in a while you will see me there as Jantiz, a name I hope to use here as well if I can figure out how to change for that nclr number I seem to be using right now. Makes me feel like a State Prisioner :( . Anyhow, guess I have some figuring out to do as far as how the threads work so I'll get busy looking around. Hope to be able to make a trip soon and meet the crew!

Welcome to the Club! I will be happy to change your username as it is not user changeable. Look for it to be changed later tonight.

Your LR3 will do great as long as you understand your limits due to ground clearance. I have had mine in places it should never have been and my undercarriage shows it. :eek:

Welcome Jantiz, I too have an 06 HSE and it's already been to Mojave desert and Bishops' high Sierra trails, a very capable vehicle indeed!

We're doing a snow run next month, you can join us and ride shotgun with pretty much anyone if you're not quite ready to take your truck out yet.

Welcome Jantiz, I too have an 06 HSE and it's already been to Mojave desert and Bishops' high Sierra trails, a very capable vehicle indeed!

We're doing a snow run next month, you can join us and ride shotgun with pretty much anyone if you're not quite ready to take your truck out yet.

Exactly what entails being ready to take my truck out? I just may be interested in joining you for some play in the snow:D!

OUCH. Pinstriping Darth Vader? Body damage? Don't get me wrong. I bought mine to off road it. I'm not scared of taking some calculated chances with it and giving it a good work out. But scratches and body damage just enters a whole new category for me I'm just not ready to step into yet. I may skip this one and braving the cold for now. I'll be watching for the next upcomming event and try to join in. I'm just really excited about hitting the trails with like minded folk and start putting faces together with names. Also start learning about mods for the other LR3s in the bunch. See what the other LR3 owners are doing with theirs and how it looks on the vehicle!

Wait a minute! I ran that trail and there was NO PIN STRIPING involved. Also there is little chance of body damage as you do not have to do anything you are not comfortable with. This will be an easy run in my opinion, as the snow mellows everything out. Stay on the trail and there should be no problems.

To qualify, I've never run that trail before. But on some of our runs, pin striping can occur. Even a bit of carnage. So the real nice rigs often will get parked for the tough stuff, and then you can ride copilot in someone elses to get a feel for it.

But if Gary says the trail is an easy one with no-pinstriping, believe him. He keeps his LR3 looking downright purty -- except after the time he followed me into Snake Lake up by Gold Valley, but thats another story for the campfire (and another run for August!).

Archived