Arnold, CA Area Trip - April 17-19

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he would be offended that you called his 650 BMW thumper a moped, but at that point I also think he was beyond caring and about ready to leave the thing and walk out!

Totally the wrong tool for the job.  That bike belongs on a gravel road, not a rocky trail.

Just as a follow-up, a little info about the Jeep guys.

The first night we were sitting around the campfire they asked how often our club gets out like this.  I started rattling off things we've done recently/have coming up this year and the response was basically 'wow!' - apparently their Jeep club doesn't do much overnight stuff and mainly just has day outings.  They were impressed.

Also, I talked with Andrew today (driver of the LJ....that's the long wheelbase 2-door for you guys not into Jeep lingo) and learned that after they left us they got up the stairs OK but took the bypass.  Then at the parking lot, I believe in the same area Pedram popped a tire bead, the 4-door got himself solidly high-centered and had to be winched off. 

This is the point where I mention no winches were used by the Rovers.  :)

At some point he also learned that cheap sliders are not a good investment as he found he'd pushed them up into the bodywork somewhere along the trail and got a small dent.

I didnt have a chance to edit it at all so there are some boring spots. The real boring ones i didn't post. This was my first time using the new gopro hero 4's and first time mounting them on a vehicle.

I sometimes think I should get a gopro, then I think about all the work it will mean after using it to edit down the video to something useful and think maybe I'll wait.

I sometimes think I should get a gopro, then I think about all the work it will mean after using it to edit down the video to something useful and think maybe I'll wait.

One thing that makes it much nicer now with the newer ones is that you can get a remote control for them. So you can just turn the camera on and off when you want. It is equate to less footage of nothingness. Less or no editing. you can also use the remote to quickly take photos with the GoPro. They do take pretty good photos. Many of the ones I posted from the trip or photos from the GoPro. Food for thought

Guest Pedram
After this trip I'm going to start dusting the webs off mine and get it back into action. Mine is manual so I have to get out and turn it off our on.

Last month at Stonehenge I was really annoyed by the giant crowds standing around blocking all the best viewpoints taking 'selfies' with the camera-on-a-stick thing.  Later I heard somebody use the perfect word to describe them:  Narcisticks.  Boom-nailed it!

Last month at Stonehenge I was really annoyed by the giant crowds standing around blocking all the best viewpoints taking 'selfies' with the camera-on-a-stick thing.  Later I heard somebody use the perfect word to describe them:  Narcisticks.  Boom-nailed it!

The selfie-stick has been banned from some museums.  It was only a matter of time before some bozo sent a stick through a priceless painting or something...

Archived