Red Bluff/Platina Area

Not trying to detract from the thread postings with the Chuck Norris question.

David, I think a trip up in Red Bluff area sounds awesome, especially if we get to shoot!! Land roving and shooting!! Brenton, please make us some stickers. :)

I agree! Quite a few of the trails open up completely in April/May, so I am thinking we should do it during that time. I am going to be working with Don to create a thread where we start discussions about dates, etc. The land that a friend of mine has is in Platina right off Route 36 not far from the general store/restaurant/post office. :) There are 60 people in the town, of which about 30 are monks - there is a Serbian Orthodox Catholic monastery way out in the woods.

Did they finally get legitimatized? Used to be called St. Herman's Russian Orthodox, founded by a heretical Orthodox priest.

Well, they did and then were kind of excommunicated, so they were taken in by the Serbian Orthodox Church and now out of Alaska. I met a few of them on the trails and they were nice and told me their story. They do smell a bit as they don't bathe daily, they said it's vain.

It was a fun sight, these orthodox monks and a fundamentalist Mormon talking about their religious traditions. They asked me why I dressed "plain", but I didn't want to get into it and explain so I just saidy wife is too cheap to buy clothes. Hahahahaha!!!!

I will say their little compound is nice and they have an old Land Cruiser.

There is some great info here for the Sierra Trip. This area is the current unknown between into Williams (by way of Mendocino, lower Nye) over to the Sierras, where the trip would come south into White Rock.

El Sol, are you on this channel? ;)

Archived